PDA

View Full Version : major anxiety or something worse

SamRichy
26-07-15, 22:27
So basically last night I was out with a few friends chilling in a house, I was given two lines of what I thought was mdma, which turned out to be what I believe is a legal high. My heart beat shot up as expected but something didn't feel right, I was getting strange feelings in my chest. This last for around 5 hours before I decided to go hospital to get everything checked up, the doctor took my blood and my heart was monitored for around 3 hours. I was given the all clear and have came home.

However now it feels as if there's tightness in my chest, I'm getting a tiny shooting pain in my chest that doesn't last for more than a second and my waste feels slightly tight.

Is it just anxiety?

Richard1960
26-07-15, 23:06
The doctors have given you the all clear otherwise they would not have sent you home, anxiety could well be causing your present symptoms IE are you worried because you really do not know what you have taken.?

However if these symptoms persist i would just dial 111 to get some advice if you are worried.

Sounds to me you have come out of this relatively unscathed and no i am not into giving lectures but hope you have learnt something positive from this.:)

Pepperpot
26-07-15, 23:09
Hi, just bear in mind the minute you mention "chest pain" to 111 they tell you they're sending an ambulance :)

SamRichy
26-07-15, 23:30
The doctors have given you the all clear otherwise they would not have sent you home, anxiety could well be causing your present symptoms IE are you worried because you really do not know what you have taken.?

However if these symptoms persist i would just dial 111 to get some advice if you are worried.

Sounds to me you have come out of this relatively unscathed and no i am not into giving lectures but hope you have learnt something positive from this.:)

I'm just more worried that the doctor has missed something.

And I have most definitely learned a lesson

Richard1960
26-07-15, 23:36
I'm just more worried that the doctor has missed something.

And I have most definitely learned a lesson

If you were being monitored for three hours i think it unlikely they must of checked heart rate as you say,hydration levels (for dehydration which can happen in these situations),temperature and your general health,as well as your blood.

Providing you levelled with them i am sure they checked everything connected with your symptoms,and its very likely any symptoms would have shown themselves whilst you were there before they cleared your system.

I would say its your anxiety causing the symptoms you are now having hope that helps put your mind at rest.