PDA

View Full Version : A new symptom?

Emma_student
27-07-15, 01:48
Hi guys, sorry if this triggers anyone but im currently going in and out of panic mode.

I had a late coffee today, so the anxiety is deffo something to do with that. Im having a really strange feeling in my head, like all of my thoughts are fuzzy and like im about to go crazy any minute. Like my inner voice feels far away and i get the horrible rush of adrenaline and feel like i need to hold on to... sanity?

Its such a strange and scary sensation... Is something going on with me?

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Please if anyone is around, this is really scaring me.

Phill2
27-07-15, 03:03
Sounds like too much caffeine to me.
No big deal
Anxiety suffers should stay away from all caffeine products or suffer the increased anxiety.

Emma_student
27-07-15, 11:02
Ok, just wanted to ask on here as, the last time I got a dr's appointment for a new symptom, he told me that I was fine and I shouldn't stress so much. I'm also trying to build up a book of symptoms of myself for when k have panic attacks.

ana
27-07-15, 11:55
Don't worry about losing your mind, Emma, you can't lose your mind by having a panic attack. :) Insanity doesn't work that way; it's not caused by anxiety and panic attacks.

What you may be experiencing is depersonalisation. I sometimes feel as if I'm not present in my own body, like I'm losing all my senses and can't think clearly. My thoughts go fuzzy, and I also get the urge to 'hold onto' myself. When this happens, I know I need to bring my anxiety levels down somehow, so I try deep abdominal breathing: I breather in while mentally counting 'twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six' while blowing out my belly, and breathing out slowly through my mouth. After a few times, I feel more like myself. I hope this helps! :flowers:

Oosh
27-07-15, 17:18
Yeh sounds familiar. Anxiety can feel quite numbing/distancing and surreal. It's not going insane though.

Think of things you have found funny.
Remember times you felt confident and remember your confidence.
I find things like that can bring the feelings back and bring ME back.

luke213
28-07-15, 12:17
Sounds not so familiar to me.