PDA

View Full Version : Too much Stress will bring about diseases

pepperutchie
27-07-15, 10:57
Hi there i just really want to post this question doctors said take it easy cause stress will bring about diseases.. But how about a person with anxiety we tend to be stressed unlike people who does not have anxiety does this mean... We are vulnerable to diseases? Just asking

Gary A
27-07-15, 11:11
Excessive stress can tire your body and weaken your immune system. You'll get more colds, bugs etc, it doesn't mean that if you're stressed you'll get some awful illness.

pepperutchie
27-07-15, 11:19
How about heart related diseases? Thats what he said

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

I dont know bout everybody but with me i am sometimes worried because i really get stressed out over the roof and Doctors said tAke it easy because it has an effect on our blood pressure and other things like my mom she had two heart attacks she have anxiety and she doesnt smoke or drink alcohol

swajj
27-07-15, 11:29
Ii can certainly cause your blood pressure to be high. If high blood pressure is not controlled then eventually it can lead to stroke. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can also lead to things like vascular dementia. So yes stress can certainly make you vulnerable to certain illnesses. Of course high blood pressure can occur without stress. Mine is due to anxiety. But I'm on top of it. I'm on meds and I get regular check ups.

pulisa
27-07-15, 11:38
I'm perhaps lucky as I have always suffered from anxiety but have normal blood pressure and I hardly ever get coughs and colds. I get plenty of physical symptoms of anxiety but my immune system has always been strong.

I must now touch wood..

swajj
27-07-15, 11:42
Same here pulisa. Except for the blood pressure my health is good. Its amazing to me that I can say that and yet tomorrow ill be worrying I have some kind of cancer or some other serious illness.

ricardo
27-07-15, 12:55
Stress is like driving with the choke out (for those old enough to remember a choke :) )

pepperutchie
27-07-15, 13:05
So now i have another thing to worry dont be too much stressed or else,it might be heart attack or stroke and the thing just go on and on

Fishmanpa
27-07-15, 13:11
All the more reason to treat your anxiety right?

Positive thoughts

Gary A
27-07-15, 13:13
Which is exactly why I never elaborated. You were told this so that you'd attempt to lower your stress levels, but you're going to do the opposite.

pulisa
27-07-15, 13:32
So now i have another thing to worry dont be too much stressed or else,it might be heart attack or stroke and the thing just go on and on

Only if you let it

pepperutchie
27-07-15, 14:04
Thank you to all you nice people i just got confused,i had my blood test result and everything came up high even the liver enzyme i was having this blood test every 4 or 6 months and the last time it was fine that was last april and i got this stresses for some time now bp is 130/80 and its fine i think. Ecg is normal as well i just got my mind stuck to what the dr said.. Fishmanpa i would like to send you a pm is ok?

Fishmanpa
27-07-15, 18:00
Fishmanpa i would like to send you a pm is ok?

Sure :)

Positive thoughts

sallyfresh
28-07-15, 13:00
Hello,

Is anyone suffering from Health Anxiety and seeking help? We (Fresh One productions) are making a documentary about people suffering from health anxiety.

The aim of the programme is to try to help with a team of medical professionals. Please get in contact today if you are interested in taking part or would like to know more about the show.

020 3375 5727

Thanks,

Suzie

pulisa
28-07-15, 19:35
Is this to do with the new Channel 4 show "House of Hypochondriacs"?

Petesy
28-07-15, 20:52
Is this to do with the new Channel 4 show "House of Hypochondriacs"?

I laughed at this reply even though i could be in that house... Is their really a show coming on ch4 called "House of Hypochondriacs"?? :blush:

pulisa
28-07-15, 20:59
Yep. Could it get any more patronising?:winks:

feelthelove
28-07-15, 21:58
I have always had anxiety from being five years old, my blood pressure is normal which helps me be less anxious, i do worry though about what all this anxiety is doing to my body :huh:

MyNameIsTerry
28-07-15, 23:01
Hello,

Is anyone suffering from Health Anxiety and seeking help? We (Fresh One productions) are making a documentary about people suffering from health anxiety.

The aim of the programme is to try to help with a team of medical professionals. Please get in contact today if you are interested in taking part or would like to know more about the show.

020 3375 5727

Thanks,

Suzie

Stop spamming the boards, Sally, you are PMing people now like me and is never had HA.