PDA

View Full Version : Worried about a cut

ShaunRyder
27-07-15, 11:45
Ok, so i suffer from guttate psoriasis, at the moment its really mild and only have it little bits the bottom of my leg, well four weeks ago a bit flared up (which i assume was psoriasis) very sore and itchy and the skin peeled off leaving it quite red underneath, a week later i checked it had formed a scab and very red around it, 3 weeks later the scab has fallen off, underneath it is hard dry 'orange' skin, not red raw how it was when it first came about, but it is sore again when i touch it and still red round the outside but feels very very itchy around the cut. It has just come up to four weeks, should i be worried and get it checked? Or is this normal? As i read if something hasnt healed after two weeks it could be a sign. But if it was cancer or something bad, it would get worse and worse right?

Gary A
27-07-15, 13:08
It sounds very much like psoriasis, some bouts can last for months, especially if you didn't apply any topical treatment. It may be worth going to your GP to get it checked and some form of treatment prescribed, perhaps a steroid cream or something of that nature.

I wouldn't be worried about cancer at this point, it doesn't sound like anything sinister and you do have an existing skin condition, but a visit to your GP won't hurt.

ShaunRyder
27-07-15, 15:32
Thanks for the reply gary, Yes i do believe it is a part of psoriasis has flared up last few months plus this is how it started a few years when i had my first major outbreak of it, but at the time i did not suffer from HA so i was not concerned, must be the HA making me focus on it! But hard to shake that 'what if'