PDA

View Full Version : crazy new symptom

kiiing
27-07-15, 22:56
well about 4 days ago i started learning how to belly breathe to regulate it and stop hyperventilation
i somehow managed to do it i would breathe a lot through chest breathing

last night and earlier today every time i go to sleep i am waking up in major panic mode out of no where like i can breathe also

this happen to anyone else

Gary A
27-07-15, 23:02
This is probably being caused by your focus on your breathing. When we breathe, we do it without thinking about it, but now you're specifically focused on your breathing it may be that your body is struggling to adjust to the changes. You won't pass out or anything, your body can cope with this all on its own, it's more a mental block than anything else, like you've installed your body with a sensitive alarm system that goes off at the merest hint of change.

kiiing
27-07-15, 23:10
This is probably being caused by your focus on your breathing. When we breathe, we do it without thinking about it, but now you're specifically focused on your breathing it may be that your body is struggling to adjust to the changes. You won't pass out or anything, your body can cope with this all on its own, it's more a mental block than anything else, like you've installed your body with a sensitive alarm system that goes off at the merest hint of change.

meant like i cant breathe
i assumed this is why i started feeling like this
because i was dealing with chronic hyperventilation
constantly breathing from my mouth, always felt a need to take a deep breath but using my mouth, yawning like crazy, i would gasp for air while eating heart palps etc

i woke 3 times like that scary to say the least

again im not sure how i was able to stop breathing my mouth i did belly breathing for a good 24 hrs straight the 2nd day the first day maybe 12 hrs my chest def feels better not having to deal with all that stress

countrygirl
28-07-15, 13:36
If you are concentrating on your breathing then this will have huge impact on your brain as your breating is normally an involutary act. Also you will have changed the chemical make up with breathing differently to normal and your body has to get used to it. Instead of belly breathing all the time have you tried to just slow your breating down as this might have less of an impact on your body.

If you have been overbreathing for a long time your body will be used to excess oxygen in the system all the time so reducing the oxygen by breating properly will take some adjusting to and this could be your body reacting to this?

Just my thoughts.