PDA

View Full Version : sertraline and unwanted side affects..anyone else????

lottie59
28-07-15, 08:45
HI lovelies

So I am on week 6 of 50mg Sertraline and my HA is getting better :yesyes:

however I now have what seems to be the most horrendous side affects and not sure if this is really normal and of course my HA is starting to kick back in slowly. Please can anyone tell me if they have experienced any of these and if there is any way I can get it under control? Here Goes for the major cringe embarrassment

Excessive smelly wind
Excessive diorea
Bright yellow wee
continuous weeing
Extreme Jaw Clenching
little red dots on skin
very runny nose
body twitching/pulsing in stomach

thanks for taking the time to read, hopefully someone can help make sense of what can only be described as hideous side effects.:blush:

Ohforf
28-07-15, 10:06
Hi Lottie,

I am also on week 6 of 50mg, I did have diarrhea the first few weeks but that has settled now. The only thing I have now is occasional nausea.

Everyone is different though.

ShaunD
28-07-15, 12:43
I am on week 4 at 75mg and do still have the occasional upset stomach etc but hopefully this will pass in time .
I think 6 weeks is still early and worth sticking it out .

lottie59
28-07-15, 12:53
thanks guys for your responses.

yes 6 weeks is definatley early and I wont give up as I had said I do feel much better for taking them I just think the side effects are quite extreme :-(

how are you both feeling? are they helping you?

Ohforf
28-07-15, 13:23
I think they are helping but not as much as I had hoped. I would say it has taken the edge of my anxiety but my mood is down now whereas before I don't think it was. Or maybe I was a bit depressed before but that was masked by the constant anxiety.

I am due back at the doctors this Friday for my review. I wonder if I need to go up to the next dosage.

ShaunD
28-07-15, 14:23
I haven't felt much benefit yet but it's still early days at 4 weeks . I am also on 30mg Mirtizapine as well which is good for sleep .
I will give it a couple of months to give it my best shot .

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Excuse my language but I don't care if I fart all day as long as it gets rid of this constant anxiety lol .

lottie59
28-07-15, 16:02
Shaun I found that my sleep was a little disturbed in the first 4 weeks and that I would have sudden jolt movements that would wake me in the night but now I sleep really well.

I would say that I have started to feel the benefits more now so try and hang on in with them. hope you start to feel better soon

Zim
29-07-15, 21:59
Hi there Lottie,

I've just started week 5 of 50mg Sertraline.

I had diarrhoea and nausea extremely badly for the first 2 weeks and I still get the occasional bad episode but it's not frequent.

I was also urinating much more than usual although this has died down considerably.

I suffered very badly from insomnia when I first started taking them and getting to sleep was impossible on most nights. I didn't sleep for 3 nights in a row at one point.

I didn't have the jaw clenching but I did have sensitive teeth so maybe I was clenching my jaw at night. Not sure. How are you feeling now? Better, I hope. :)

lottie59
30-07-15, 08:33
Hi Zim

thanks for responding!

TBH I still have the same side effects but im learning to cope with them, I think the diarrhoea may be exaggerated when I eat certain foods or drink coffee so I am cutting back on things to see how this goes.

I am back to see my in a few weeks so I will discuss the side effects with her then.

how are you doing?

Zim
30-07-15, 11:16
No problem, Lottie. :)

Yeah. I think my symptoms are sometimes influenced by my diet as well. Who knows? It's hard to track everything all at once. :wacko:

That's a good idea. I let my GP know how my side effects were coming along as well.

I'm fine, thanks. Started a new brand of Sertraline yesterday and my stomach is a bit upset this morning. I don't feel nauseous though so that's a good sign. Hopefully it's just a short blip/adjustment.