PDA

View Full Version : new member looking for help and guidance

Orr_niall
28-07-15, 09:15
HI there,

As I write this it is just past 9am and I am sat in work after driving in for 30mins in what can only describe as a daze. Eyes sensitive to light, pressure in my head, still tired from the night before even though I went to bed at 11 and was up at 7am. I don't want to go to work through a fear of losing control and being seen to-do so by those I work with.

I have suffered from what I believe is anxiety and stress for the last 7 or 8 years. In school I wad always slightly timid but it was never anything I couldn't control, the odd red face if I was centre of attention, quiet shy etc. I was what my teachers often reported as 'quiet and contentious'.

It was when I started work that the stress etc started. I feeling so hard to describe the feeling but it starts with sire eyes, some head pressure and a disconectedness. As I have had it for sometime I am generally good at ignoring it as I know it will pass and nothing bad will happen. However on occasion,like recently it gets worse and I start to get really edgy, like I want to get up and run away from work work, go home and sleep. Except I know I don't want to do this as I have only recently started a new job and cannot afford to lose it.

I have been to the doctors before about it, not at all in the last two years, and they have prescribed meds. However I always go home read the side effects and get too scared to actually take them. Then u do my best to get on and ignore how I feel, but as I've said again and again the feelings keep coming back.

Anyway as I said at the beginning any help I could get would be great.I have never spoken openly about this before not to my parents or my longterm girlfriend who I live with with our two kids.

venusbluejeans
28-07-15, 09:21
Hiya Orr_niall and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Orr_niall
28-07-15, 10:42
Thanks, will do!