PDA

View Full Version : Biting inside of cheek

tmckenzie-orr
28-07-15, 09:27
I had a few beers yesterday and same as always when I do I bite the inside of my cheek, and cause it to have all blood blister patches which of course sets of the anxiety lol, any 1 else bite there cheeks and what's best way to heal it other than salt water gargles

Munchlet
28-07-15, 09:41
I quite often do this and like you notice the blood blisters! I think the worst of it is once you've bitten it once you seem to do it again and again (or is that just me?) I find it's a catch 22 I bite my cheek, it's sore and slightly swollen which then makes me do it more.

All I tend to do is use an antibacterial mouthwash like oraldene to ease the discomfort and prevent any infections and try and refrain from eating on the affected side for a while.

I know it's worrying but you know it's just because you've bit it and made it sore there's nothing else going on and it will be better in a few days.:)

ricardo
28-07-15, 09:46
I don't drink but actually suck in my cheeks when asleep and the skin often peels away as it does on the underside of my upper lip. This is actually caused by anxiety and has some latin name, according to my dentist, who has seen it several times. Bonjela helps alot.

tmckenzie-orr
28-07-15, 10:13
It's horrible as I see all the red blood blisters and I panic thinking what if it's something bad

Fishmanpa
28-07-15, 12:43
I had a few beers yesterday and same as always when I do I bite the inside of my cheek, and cause it to have all blood blister patches which of course sets of the anxiety lol, any 1 else bite there cheeks and what's best way to heal it other than salt water gargles

If this happens when you drink, prevent it all together by not drinking.

Positive thoughts

tmckenzie-orr
28-07-15, 17:36
Yes definately i am gonna i think , its just not worth it, It makes u feel crap its a waste of money, and it bumps up my level of health anxiety and makes me worry, And i always end up having a cigarette when i drink and i hate smoking its discusting lol big big detox now