PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumours fears full force

natalie yog
28-07-15, 15:15
So as I've said in past posts I've had an unbalanced feeling (like I'm walking on boat) for 7 weeks even when I'm laying down it feels like the bed is swaying especially when I turn my body to sleep. I've been to my Dr who told me it's all down to my anxiety since I past his balance test and had my eyes tested and everything was fine.
So fast forward I'll be visiting my Dr today for a check up to see how I'm doing with taking Propranolol. I've been dreading it all day since I have a huge fear of doctor's and the suddenly bam I started getting headache that hasn't left me all day and add this to my health anxiety I think that's it forget what the Dr and optician say I have a tumour and that's it.
I'm so terrified and alone right now in the back of my mind my logical voice is telling me I would've had seizures, blackouts and wouldn't be able to do simple daily tasks but of course I just can't agree with that because my health anxiety and fear drowns all that out.
Well I'll be seeing my Dr at 5pm expecting the worst.

countrygirl
28-07-15, 15:26
Oh poor you its awful the constant worse case scenario thoughts. Please explain to your Dr how worried you are about these symptoms being from a brain tumour as hopefully Dr can then explain why he thinks you are wrong. I have found this helpful for me with my Dr, admit your worst fear and ask them to explain why they think you are wrong.

Tension in your neck muscles can cause constant feeling of unsteadiness like you describe as can overbreathing due to anxiety.

natalie yog
28-07-15, 16:07
Thanks for replying. I'm going to see him now and just like you said ask him the reasons why he thinks I haven't got a tumour. I always have that constant worry that no answer will satisfy me and I'll constantly be seeking reassurance for the rest of my life. Well wish me luck.

tmckenzie-orr
28-07-15, 16:27
u dont have a tumor lol, good luck let us know how it goes haha always worse than it actually is

countrygirl
28-07-15, 17:41
Thanks for replying. I'm going to see him now and just like you said ask him the reasons why he thinks I haven't got a tumour. I always have that constant worry that no answer will satisfy me and I'll constantly be seeking reassurance for the rest of my life. Well wish me luck.

Your right that no answer will ever completely reassure us because we have ha but I find being able to have a discussion about it does help me. I wish that I had been upfront about my true fears with Drs much sooner than I did as it would have made my life alot easier.

You do of course get some totally unsympathetic Drs but if you do then change and find one you can talk to.

Let us know how you get on.

ktdid2000
28-07-15, 18:56
If you feel like you're in motion laying down or standing around (or anytime you're not moving yourself) you might have disembarkment syndrome.

I get that coming off of planes/trains/and sometimes long car rides. When I finally sit still after moving for hours I feel like I'm still moving for a day or two. I read a story about one lady who had it happen for years.

It's harmless and has something to so with your inner ear being stimulated despite not moving. When you move yourself it generally goes away.

natalie yog
28-07-15, 18:59
The Dr was fantastic with me today. I asked him directly and told him what my worries we're and he told me that none of my symptoms pointed to tumours and that he would've sent me for all kinds of tests if he was worried. He also gave me a phone number for a councillor and up my dosage so I'll be taking my 40mg propranolol 3 times a day instead of twice because my heartbeat is still quick.

countrygirl
28-07-15, 19:09
Brilliant, glad you have found a lovely Dr who you can talk to. This will help you enormously.

humbug83
28-07-15, 21:43
I can honestly relate to this Natalie. I have been going through the same things recently i.e. being off balance then thinking I've got a brain tumour. I'm going to address my concerns with my doctor next week and see what she says. I was concerned last month about having a heart attack and she was quite reassuring about that.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

in the back of my mind my logical voice is telling me I would've had seizures, blackouts and wouldn't be able to do simple daily tasks but of course I just can't agree with that because my health anxiety and fear drowns all that out.
I wish I had a logical voice. My parents tell me, my friends and family tell me, and I still can't believe them! I read things online (I know I shouldn't but I can't stop) about people being misdiagnosed and it scares me.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Also have you had your ears checked?

natalie yog
28-07-15, 22:04
I know it's hard to be worried about being misdiagnosed especially when the media seems to focus more on the mistakes that doctors do rather than the positive. Your Dr sounds really helpful and it's good that she reassured you in the past so you know that you can trust her. Sometimes I just think to myself that if I had a tumour wouldn't my symptoms have gotten a lot worse and wouldn't I be really ill Right now after what is now almost 8 weeks of having these constant symptoms.

humbug83
28-07-15, 23:03
Yeah I guess that's true that if it was something like a tumour we'd feel worse but I don't really know.
I'm in bed at the moment and all I can think about is my headache and dizziness :(