PDA

View Full Version : Inositol combined with Xanax Question

morninglaurie
28-07-15, 17:22
Hello, I just started taking Inositol for anxiety and panic attacks three weeks ago. It's working quite well honestly, however, I had a job interview a few days ago (trigger #1) and was quite nervous about it. As I was driving there with my toddler in the car (trigger #2), I started to feel panicky. I didn't go into a full-blown panic attack, probably thanks to the inositol, but I was definitely on the threshold. Before starting the Inositol powder, I leaned on 0.25 mg of Xanax (the lowest dose it comes in) to combat panic and anxiety. It is effective but my anxiety was starting to surface more frequently and I did not want to become dependent on Xanax long term. My question is, in your opinion (I know you are not a doctor), is it ok to take a lose dose of Xanax (in addition to taking Inositol) once in a while when my anxiety is being triggered more than usual?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share with me,

Laurie

nomorepanic
28-07-15, 17:49
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ricardo
28-07-15, 18:09
Were you prescribed Inositol and Xanax by the same doctor. I ask as Inositol has many uses and comes under a herbal remedy here in the UK and it is not recommended to mix these two together i.e. herbal and benzos.
Having said that .25mg Xanax is an extremely low dose.

morninglaurie
07-08-15, 01:46
No, Inositol was not prescribed by my doctor. I need to find a naturopath or "functional" doctor who even knows it exists here in New Jersey. I am dosing myself and figuring it out on my own (as usual). Just was curious about the xanax. I have not taken a xanax since starting the Inositol last month. I haven't needed to mostly, except for that one day so far. I'd just like to know if it's a safe back up in case I do go into a full on panic attack. Especially when driving with my toddler in the car (my biggest fear to date).

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.