PDA

View Full Version : Tonsil hole worry

tmckenzie-orr
29-07-15, 09:11
I read another uses post about tonsils and it automatically set me off worrying about my hole in my tonsil can any of u tell me if its normal my mrs says its just a harmless crater but I'm worrying like crazy

http://www.image-share.com/upload/3017/20m.jpg (http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3017-20.html)

Sorry for graphic yucky pic lol

SarahH
29-07-15, 09:29
Mine are worse than that and I occasionally get tonsil stones in them. It Is harmless and perfectly normal...promise:)

Munchlet
29-07-15, 11:22
I was going to say looks like you've had a tonsil stone that's come out. I used to get them a lot when I was younger and they left horrible holes in my tonsils, they do heal but take a time especially if you are prone to throat infections.

tmckenzie-orr
29-07-15, 11:25
I don't remember having a tonsil stone in it, I just remember it being a hole and it's got a tiny bit bigger and of corse it set of the health anxiety lol

SarahH
29-07-15, 14:43
I know this feeling is gripping you and is very difficult to shake off. But to be honest we can only pass on our NON medical experiences to you. If you really are that worried a quick trip to the GP will reassure you.

Sarah

tmckenzie-orr
29-07-15, 16:04
it does in reality look like just a harmless crypt, and seen some bigger ones online its just scary, i dont think going to the doctors for it will help my anxiety, as like my mrs and u lot said its only a harmless hole, its not like its different colour or nothing just a hole, need to not work myself up and start thinkin more rationally

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

im such a weirdo , just because i read this and thought of going to the doctors because of it, I thought to myself, what if it is something bad , and then started looking at it in the mirror then thats it set off the anxiety and i showed my mrs it like 3 times saying look now shes angry with me she said its fine, nothing wrong with it, and i am like is it normally is there a patch or something on it and she was like no its not its fine its just a hole nothing else, And my anxiety is goin about 1,0000mph now lol what the hell is wrong with me lol

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

and now i have googled lol even tho i tried not too haha, it says its very rare for tonsil cancers, and its very common to have large holes in the upper part of the tonsils, I need to stop this i am so bad today lol worse anxiety today in ages might take a valium lol

ricardo
29-07-15, 16:13
Tonsils are shaped a bit like swiss rolls. It's perfectly natural,so don't worry.:)

Zim
29-07-15, 23:57
My tonsils look similar to that as well if I actually focus on them (many small craters). It's totally normal and it is simply our health anxiety that makes it stand out as looking slightly 'alien' or 'strange'. People who don't suffer from health anxiety wouldn't even notice such a small thing like this and I'm fairly certain most people will have tonsils that look like this.

It's normal, mckenzie. Don't worry about it. :)

eastofeden
30-07-15, 00:03
All tonsils have holes, called crypts. They catch bacteria, food, and collect excess calcium in the body. Some people get tonsil stones which are gross little white pellets of calcified bacteria and food with an extremely nasty smell. They are harmless but should be cleaned out of the tonsils to prevent infection. Everyone has holes in their tonsils :)

tmckenzie-orr
30-07-15, 07:35
Thank you people you have all reassured me , even though I shouldn't seek reasurance , but couldn't help it yesterday was a major health anxiety panic day I took a Valium just to calm me down,