PDA

View Full Version : twitching and foot pain

pepsi
29-07-15, 17:35
I've had twitching on and off for over a year . I thought I'd turned a corner as they subsided but my thumb has been twitching badly now for a few days on top of that I am in pain when getting out of bed my legs and feet ache ...feel stiff . I felt awful at work yesturday because I think I saw 3 people see the twitching on my hand my father died of parkinsons sometimes I get myself in a downward spiral I wonder if this is my fate. ...even though I know I probably haven't ...

Zim
29-07-15, 21:02
Hi Pepsi,

I've had twitching in my arm and leg muscles 24/7 for about a month and a half. It's extremely noticeable visibly as well as me being able to feel it constantly.

This is an extremely common physical symptom of anxiety. This is because the increased levels of adrenaline and the 'fight or flight' mode kick in pumping more blood and supplying more oxygen to your extremities to provide them with the strength to run or fight.

I asked my GP about it, showing her how visibly my muscles were 'firing' and twitching. She said it was completely normal for somebody with my condition.

Don't worry about it. As your anxiety reduces with time, so will the twitching. :)

pepsi
30-07-15, 12:43
Thankyou I appriciate your help . I was very anxious at work since my days off my thumb has stopped ....I haven't had my anxiety formally diagnosed .