PDA

View Full Version : Panic over needing the toilet

rooby
29-07-15, 20:47
So as a new reason for panic, I had to get shopping in Aldi which always makes me feel panicky anyway cos they rush you through the checkouts etc, anyway I kinda needed a wee before I went in but thought I could wait awhile. So half way round I start shaking and sweating and thinking I am going to wet myself if I don't get to a toilet NOW! But part of me knew that wouldn't happen but still I had to get out of there ASAP so I just dashed to the checkouts threw everything into the car and rushed to Tesco to the nearest toilet thinking I will wet myself at any minute. Then when I'm trying to go I don't actually need to go that much at all, but I'm shaking and panicking. This happened once before and the same symptoms and again when I got to the loo I had to force myself to go and it wasn't loads. I'm so worried this is starting to be a new trigger for my panic attacks. I have never had any bladder problems so I no its psychological but it is horrible and it wiped me out for the rest of the day and I know if I'm not careful its gonna become a habit so don't no what to do

23tana
29-07-15, 22:12
Try not drinking for an hour before you go out and make sure you at least try at home before you leave.

There are brands of pant pads available for incontinence. They can't be seen under clothes but might give you the security and confidence you need when you are out.

Pepperpot
29-07-15, 22:46
When I feel panicked, I have the urge to go to the loo as well. And like you, I don't really need it. Do you think you panicked because you were shopping? I mean, was it in a supermarket the last time this happened? Cos if it was your brain will associate supermarkets with this happening and you need to find a way to help retrain it.x