PDA

View Full Version : Follow up from ultrascan

shep
29-07-15, 22:09
Hi there, been along while since I posted and trying to be balanced in my thinking.....
I had an ultra scan last Thursday on abdo and pelvis. Today I received a letter asking me to make a non urgent appointment.
It is a non urgent appointment, I need to remember that, but it is less than a week since I had the scan. Never known such a quick response!
Could this just be efficiency?
S

Elen
29-07-15, 22:23
Hi Shep

Try and keep focusing on the need for a non-urgent appointment.

If there were anything untoward you would have been given an appointment immediately, and they would have been more likely to phone you to speed the process up.

Elen

Pepperpot
29-07-15, 22:30
Non-urgent means just that. If it was urgent, they would have rang you to tell you to make an urgent appointment. Also, it depends how busy they are - it's probably a quite time for them and results are coming back quicker than you're used to.

shep
29-07-15, 23:06
Thanks guy. I know you make total sense, there is that little doubt. Positive thoughts x

countrygirl
30-07-15, 17:04
They probably just want to discuss what sent you to them in the first place in relation to a most probably normal or certainly nothing much scan:)

I have gallstones ( 20 years and counting) and if I have a scan for other reason of course the gallstones are always picked up and reported and I always get a phone call from the surgery asking me to make appt about my results asap ( I have to explain - I know its not a new result-). So if there was anything of note on your scan you would have been asked to come in earlier.