PDA

View Full Version : scared i have tonsil cancer

emmalj0
30-07-15, 09:00
Last week my left side felt sore i thought nothing if it as i often get one side hurt then it goes. Few days later i had a tonsil stone i got it out but noticed how big my left tonsil was. Since then iv felt like something is stuck behind my tongue/tonsil. Iv no swollen glands in neck but i googled symptoms of cancer and a large tonsil is a symptom along with the feeling of something being stuck. Im going drs later but im so scared. Anyone else had this please

SarahH
30-07-15, 09:33
Very unlikely.:D you wild be fine

sarah

Zim
30-07-15, 09:55
Hi Emma,

As Sarah stated, it is very, very unlikely. People have trouble with their tonsils all the time, some all year round. Swollen tonsils and a sensation of something being lodged are extremely common symptoms for those suffering from even minor colds. After removing your tonsil stone, you may have slightly inflamed the tonsil. You should feel fine soon. :)

Gary A
30-07-15, 11:34
If the tonsil was cancerous it would have been picked up when you were getting the stone removed.

Rennie1989
30-07-15, 12:27
Before my tonsils started shrinking I have stones in them a lot of the time (and they tasted and smelt really awful!!). It's common, and more of a sign of infection.

emmalj0
30-07-15, 13:04
Thanks for the replys gary i removed the stone myself. Im more concerned about the fact it feels as though something stuck at back of my tongue but i cannot see anything. Im fed up of worrying its one thing after another

Munchlet
30-07-15, 13:26
The feeling of something stuck in your throat can also be anxiety? It's 99.9% going to be because your tonsils are swollen from infection. It's quite common for infections to affect one side more than the other when my brother was younger he had Quinsy following repeated bouts of tonsillitis and that was a huge abscess on one of his tonsils, he's absolutely fine now.

I know it's really hard not to worry, at the moment I'm worrying that I've got several different types of cancer but you are having tonsil problems anyway and have removed a tonsil stone, those in themselves cause inflammation because they are infected areas so it would be normal for you to have some swelling and inflammation in that area.

Get it checked for peace of mind but I'm sure it's fine Take care.

emmalj0
30-07-15, 19:21
Went to see gp he was a lovely bloke said doesnt think its anything serious. Said i do have a few tonsil stones on both sides. Had a good prod said my left tonsil is enlarged. Try not to worry course of antibiotics and to go bk in two weeks. In meantime dont poke or prod gargle sal****er and that was it. I hope its nothing serious

jcrowleytg
07-08-15, 21:25
Hello,
I am currently dealing with the same issue. Feeling of something caught in right tonsil or something. Also have removed a few tonsil stones myself. Two gps i have seen said its nothing. Going to ENT tuesday for peace of mind. Be strong. I am also a victim of looking up symptoms and pictures and shining a flashlight down my throat and poking around (probably not smart) lol good luck and you're not alone.