PDA

View Full Version : Swimming feeling and fireworks

natalie yog
30-07-15, 14:11
For awhile now I've had this swimming feeling in my head that only seems to happen when I'm sitting or laying down. Also when I close my eyes to sleep I can seen only what I can describe as fireworks that vanish when I opened my eyes. This happens nearly every night and makes me sometimes afraid to sleep. My Dr says it's due to my high heart rate and put up my dose of Propranolol 40mg 3 times a day. I've also just started wearing glasses for the first time and had a very thorough eye test.

natalie yog
30-07-15, 20:43
ooookay so I'm guessing I'm alone on this.

GoWhiteSox
30-07-15, 21:33
swimming/dizziness can be related to something in the ear, have you had your ears checked out? seeing fireworks or something with your eyes closed doesnt sound that unusual..sometimes i swear i can see with my eyes closed :-)

Davo1979
30-07-15, 21:54
Hi there, I had this problem. It stated for me back in May for no apparent reason and it came completely out of nowhere. It got to the point where it felt like I had to be on my feet to stop from getting the headswim, and at night it felt like my brain had been hard wired to stop me sleeping.
long story short I got it checked out, all my tests came back fine. Once the results were in the symptoms went away.
no one has been able to explain what it was, but i am pretty sure now that it might have been an isolated incident exacerbated by my new found health anxiety.

natalie yog
31-07-15, 06:10
Thank you for your replies. It's a very annoying feeling.