PDA

View Full Version : Anxious Abroad

swanbird2012
30-07-15, 15:27
Hello, I just returned from a holiday in Magaluf, Spain. It is a wild little island and its hard to keep up with the nightlife, this was the first holiday without my parents and with my friends instead and yes I looked forward to it but on the night of leaving I couldn't stop crying, I didn't want to get on the plane (I'm from the UK)

Eventually arriving there during the day was great, the sun was stunning and our hotel was quite family orientated so that was a bit of a comfort but as night came, we hit the 'Magaluf Strip' and there was things like foam parties and all that came to my head (what if I forget how to breath in that foam or neon paint parties what if it goes in my eyes and I can't see) I looked around at everyone having fun and I couldn't find that happiness they had and it felt like I was in this bubble out from reality, I left in a taxi, cried in the hotel room and wanted my mum so bad. the next few nights I shook it off and went out, but the saturday night was terrifiying, I felt sick and I kept thinking I couldn't breathe and I thought what if I die here and the fear just built up so the next 4 nights I sat in and cried and I didn't eat, as soon as I landed home on the wednesday, I felt so happy to be home but I've noticed I can get into a frenzy of panic lately and I feel like I've lost a bit of myself, I'm 18 years old and now when I go to a night club I look forward to going home and just happy I survived the night, I don't like my style of thinking and I hope someone can come back with something similar and how they are getting through it or got through it, thankyou. :D

venusbluejeans
30-07-15, 15:36
Hiya swanbird2012 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

swanbird2012
30-07-15, 15:50
Thanks very much! That will help and thanks for welcoming me too :noangel:

helloworld
31-07-15, 00:46
Hi swanbird...

Sorry to,hear you've had a tough time lately.....

It sounds like you are having panic attacks? Have you discussed this with your GP?

Hope you're feeling a bit better ... Mark

Pepperpot
31-07-15, 09:50
Hi - welcome.
Yeah I agree - sounds like panic attacks. I am going through these too, as are a great deal of ppl on this forum There's some good info on here to help you relax and get through them x

SarahH
31-07-15, 14:56
Hi,

I think your first trip away without your parents may have contributed to these panic attacks. Its a comfort thing.
Just a thought were you drinking a lot when you were out because this can cause anxiety/panic during and after a drinking session.

Take care
Sarah