PDA

View Full Version : I'm so stupid!! paracetamol related...

crystal17
30-07-15, 15:38
Hi please please can someone help me...i took 1 co-codamol tablet around 12 today, then had 2 more about 20 minutes ago, forgetting about the 1 earlier. So only about 3 hours has passed between them. That means I've taken 1500mg of paracetamol in just over 3 hours - I know its meant to be 4 :ohmy:

I take them regularly and have NEVER been such an idiot. Do you think I should call an ambulance? I'm so scared and anxiety has gone crazy:( has anyone ever done this or taken a similar amount? Please help x

Gary A
30-07-15, 15:45
The worst you'll get is an upset stomach. No you shouldn't phone an ambulance.

crystal17
30-07-15, 15:49
Thanks Gary. Are you sure? I've read many warnings and horror stories online about how easy it is to OD on paracetamol - would it take more than that then to cause damage?

Gary A
30-07-15, 15:52
Yes I'm sure, you can't OD on 3 paracetamol in over 3 hours. As I said the worst you'll get is an upset stomach, but I seriously doubt you'll even get that. Just lay off them for a few hours and start taking them regularly again later tonight or better yet, tomorrow. You'll be fine, I'm 100% certain.

crystal17
30-07-15, 16:02
Ok, I feel better thank you :) I do panic so easily, especially when I feel out of control, ad even more so when it's a silly mistake.

I'll wait till tomorrow before taking anymore now, as I said I take them regularly for pain but can manage now until the morning.

Thanks for calming me!

tmckenzie-orr
30-07-15, 16:41
100% be fine won't need ambulance it's horrible when u think you gonna overdose but in reality it would take about 10,000 mg of paracetamol to kill u and I don't that would even kill u probe do ur insides in and that be about it lol

ricardo
30-07-15, 16:50
Gary A is correct. It is hardly significant the amount you took. I believe one can take 1000mg every 6 hours if required and is fairly tolerant to the stomach.Don't worry.

crystal17
30-07-15, 19:35
Thanks both, thats helped loads :hugs: I think its just because I religiously stick to 1000mg every 4 hours and overlapped a bit today and panicked - doesn't take much to tip me into anxiety :wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
30-07-15, 22:20
You will be fine, Crystal. When I was growing up people used to down about 7 and go of drinking as it kept them drunk all night. A really bad thing to do but years later, and a bit more mature, and they are fine.

Remember they issue them in packs of 16 and even then they are supposed to limit sales to two packs to safeguard against those who could be looking to misuse them stop they obviously feel that is safe to do so.

lele19
31-07-15, 06:39
Dont worry - I took 4 tablets in 2 hours once as Id forgotten about an earlier dose. I was terrified and rang GP who said 'just dont take any more for a few hrs'

nomorepanic
31-07-15, 13:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

searching
31-07-15, 19:45
You'd have to take a lot more than that to be anywhere near danger territory. A few accidental extra ones will do you no harm as a one off. The good thing about our NHS is that all guidelines air on the side of very cautious :)

feelthelove
31-07-15, 22:46
My friend is a GP and i panicked at Christmas because i took 4 paracetomol withing 2 hours of each other. I phoned him and he just said don't worry you will be fine and not to take anymore for six hours .

I hope you're okay now .