PDA

View Full Version : DOGS

tmckenzie-orr
31-07-15, 09:32
I have two beautiful dogs a German shepherd and a bission freeze x miniature poodle, and lately I have been walking them a lot more as my wife used to do it, but I'm walking once in morning before work and once at night before bed and I really think it helps clear your mind and it's good for my body too I feel so much better for it and they really love there walks, do any of u have dogs? If not should get one its a good excuse to go for long walks and you have a great loyal companion

MyNameIsTerry
31-07-15, 09:38
Yeah, they are great. Any pet really.

I've got a Shih Tzu. Two of us have asthma so we went for a dog that doesn't shed any hair, although its more a problem for my mum with her asthma.

He's great. They are very perceptive too and if I am having a bad time, he has spent more time around me. When my mum broke her shoulder in a fall he wouldn't jump up her as normal but instead spent a lot more time around her but near her feet. When I've been through bad periods with fatigue he has come over with a toy and slat it at my feet. 15 minutes of running around with him and I was feeling better (cheers doggie!)

The fresh air is good too but walking a dog is a pretty calm affair as they toddle around sniffing and weeing on things. Mine likes to have a few runs with me too so that has helped with my issues with exercise with my breathing/asthma worries and it helped me see I could do more than I believed in that respect.

I think quite a few people on here have got dogs. Plenty of cats too (FMP has got a monster of a cat from what I remember when he posted a picture)

ricardo
31-07-15, 09:54
I have two beautiful dogs a German shepherd and a bission freeze x miniature poodle, and lately I have been walking them a lot more as my wife used to do it, but I'm walking once in morning before work and once at night before bed and I really think it helps clear your mind and it's good for my body too I feel so much better for it and they really love there walks, do any of u have dogs? If not should get one its a good excuse to go for long walks and you have a great loyal companion

You won't believe this but when we lived in Spain we had 7 rescue dogs, 3 were boxers and the other 4 were heinz 57's.
The Spanish are very family orientated but treat their animals appallingly.

Now over the years we have just two dogs and my wife walks them for 5 to 6 hours a day spread between 6.30 a.m. to 9.30 p.m. and often walks other peoples dogs and in fact looks after them at a fee when people go away, so never mind me lol :)

Libra
31-07-15, 10:37
Have always kept dogs, love them unconditionally. We have a Labrador who is full of energy and affection.She seems to know when im down too and always cuddles up close. Just simply stroking her has a calming affect.

sial72
31-07-15, 10:49
Hi Ricardo
I would say that was a bit of a generalisation, some Spaniards might treat their dogs apallingly but in general I would say we all treat our dogs very well. Maybe it is different down south, but here in the north we love our animals :-)

ricardo
31-07-15, 10:59
Hi Ricardo
I would say that was a bit of a generalisation, some Spaniards might treat their dogs apallingly but in general I would say we all treat our dogs very well. Maybe it is different down south, but here in the north we love our animals :-)

Sial,

of course I can't generalise but I assure you that we and other dog lovers were inandated by people finding abandoned dogs.We actually saw on more than one occasion dogs let out of a car at a lay by on the motorway and the owners drove off.Other times they were tied to a tree in a barbaric way.

Of course it happens in all countries including the UK so I wasn't trying to tar a whole nation with one brush.

I just find it strange that they are family orientated as I said originally yet pets are abandoned in such a way.No offence went,Sial.

sial72
31-07-15, 13:13
No offence taken Ricardo ;-)

nomorepanic
31-07-15, 13:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

sandra49
23-09-15, 10:48
hi, our last dog died in November and I so miss her.as you say you can get out woth a loyal companion. my problem is I have a 161/2 spoilt cat and my sons s.i.l. part feral cat .recently we have had 2 boy dogs to try from animal care and the catd wouldn't come down over 3 days.going to try in the new year and get a female(maybe the smell is different)we have had blacky from a kitten and she has moved twice with us.i love dogs though.sandra