PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness: sexual dysfunction, loss of smell, exercise, nocturnal anxiety

twilightcreature
31-07-15, 11:37
Hello :)

Firstly, before my anxiety disorder began, I had lost sense of smell partially. Has it happened to anyone else here?

The second issue is a bit more awkward, but here we go- I feel like area around my clitoris is getting numb, but only on a left side. Do you think this is anxiety or medication related or neurological damage?

Exercise! It worsens my anxiety! HIIT is the worst, but I feel like any aerobic activity has a potential to trigger it.

Another thing- when I sleep less, I feel more awake and less anxious.

My migraines seem to trigger anxiety as well.

Anyone else wakes up to anxiety after sleeping couple of minutes? This was my worst problem, now treated with Luvox 100 mg, Risperidone 1mg and Clonazepam 0.5mg.

What is wrong with me? :doh:

Mart0310
31-07-15, 15:18
I can relate to the migraine trigger and anxiety on waking :)

Zim
31-07-15, 16:22
Hello Twilight,

Welcome to the Forum. :hugs:

The change in sense of smell definitely sounds like it could be one of the many odd symptoms of anxiety.

As for your second problem, it could indeed be linked to medication. That would be my first guess anyway. Males and females alike can lose some sensitivity in those areas as a direct side effect of certain medications. It might be worth taking a look at the medication you've listed in an attempt to identify the potential culprit which is causing the issue.

Exercise may cause you to be more anxious at first but I would definitely suggest you try and push yourself through the initial panic as exercise will definitely do you a lot of good in the long run. :D

I used to wake up in full panic mode for no apparent reason. However, this doesn't happen to me any more. I feel worse at night now for some reason.

What is wrong with you? The same as what is wrong with everybody else here. We are suffering from anxiety/panic and we are over analysing our bodies. :)