PDA

View Full Version : Worn out

pb
31-07-15, 12:06
My constant anxiety and depression has worn me out completely. I'm always worried about my health and lots of other things. Work is a nightmare and causes me even more stress. I feel exhausted all the time. I am now on annual leave for two weeks and just feel sad and unwell.
My eyes are always dry and sore. My legs hurt. My whole life is a mess and I feel that I can never change.
Sorry to rant, but I just feel drained ..

Hypo84
31-07-15, 13:43
Did you go to therapist, have you taken meds? If not, you most likely need both.

TheMadOladCoger
31-07-15, 14:02
I agree with Hypo84 it may be times to seek help and medication, it is really worth it as just speaking to someone about your problems makes you feel so much better and really helps you in the long run.

Solus
31-07-15, 17:51
Just asking since this post is new, would there be other ways to combat anxiety without taking meds or therapist?

TheMadOladCoger
31-07-15, 22:27
They are the two best ways to deal with Anxiety, you could always try and learn coping methods yourself by reading books or leaflets provided by the NHS/Local health services and learning some self-help but thats not really the same as professional help.

You could always talk to your doctor, a lot of doctors know how to treat Anxiety and would give you some advice on how to cope and teach you some techniques.

However I will say it again, professional help is best. I myself have had it but refused medication as I believe it was not needed I managed to get to a point where I can cope well enough with my day to day Anxiety but HA is something new to me and I struggle with it.

Hope this helps you in someway Solus.

Peace

pb
01-08-15, 16:34
Thank you for your replies.
I have some counselling booked in a couple of weeks.
Feeling calmer today..