PDA

View Full Version : And another worry -_-

imfineokay
31-07-15, 12:20
Hello, I thought I was doing well and all of the sudden I decided to check my mouth again... Ugh I'm such an idiot. I found small bumps and lumps all under my tongue in different places. 3 around my tongue tie and one further up under the tongue. Is this normal? Do loads of people have this?. One of the spots is a tiny bit red. They are painless and as far as I know they could have always been there. Any tips? Is this normal? Thanks

inha
31-07-15, 13:48
Hey, I just looked at the underside of my own tongue, and found it's not entirely flat either, it has little bumps like small spots.
I know how hard it is but usually when I find something that "could have always been there for all I know", and rest assured I find such things often, I try to go for the most likely explanation : I just got interested in a part of my body I had never looked at very much before.
It's like when you look at a map and notice that piece of land in Alaska you had never been aware of. It didn't just suddenly grow. The body is so full of details you can't possibly know it all!
If you need reassurance don't hesitate to point it out to your GP, who will be happy to advice you.

You know how checking is not the way to go I'm sure, but we all fall back on it some times. Don't blame yourself too much.

Hope you find some peace of mind very soon !

imfineokay
31-07-15, 16:20
Hello, thanks so much for replying. I feel so relieved, so i think il just leave it and never look in my mouth again. The redness is only coming from red veins underneath so yeah. :)

tmckenzie-orr
31-07-15, 16:23
lol i have to stop myself looking in my mouth or it sets me off i have fatty lumps on my gums, hole in tonsil, red bumps at back of tounge all sorts, lol and it always makes my mind worry and panic i hate it, best thing to do is not look at ur mouth lol, haha

emmalj0
31-07-15, 17:31
I really panic about oral cancer iv got over one thing now panicking bout my tonsils. Dr has agreed one is moderately larger. I can feel something stuck side ofvtongue/tonsil its scaring me so much. Drs given me antibiotics said go bk in two weeks but i doubt anything will have changed. It could have always been that big for all i know. I only looked as felt like food was stuck. Iv got a fatty lump on my rib aswell which i panic about being cancer. Im just so scared all the time its awful

tmckenzie-orr
31-07-15, 17:38
health anxiety is horrible, It just swops and changes all the time for myself i go round and round in circles skin cancer oral cancer all the time and bowel cancer rarely its just horrible i hate it, But its so so rare especially oral cancer but it fixes in r brains and things pop up and change all the time in people in the mouth but with health anxiety u notice it all happening and panic, Even if one of ur tonsils is bigger it means nothin aslong as theres no mass growing of it or whatever, it might never go back down after antibotics or ever, id suggest just salt water gargle as it will be the only thing that will help it and drinking lots of water nothing fizzy or sour or spicy, but the way ur worrying and if dont go down u might end up getting ur tonsils lazerd out and i hate operations lol

imfineokay
31-07-15, 20:37
I know that feeling of finding something new to worry about, it's like our brains don't want us to relax and constantly finds something new to worry about. It's annoying and super scary. I hope all of this ends for us soon, as in no more worrying lol.