PDA

View Full Version : google gives me symptoms

DonnaT
31-07-15, 14:53
hi
I just want to ask if anyone has this. if you have a health fear and then you stupidly google it like I do ALL THE TIME. Do you find you end up with the symptoms you've read??? are our brains that clever????

natalie yog
31-07-15, 15:13
They definitely are. I've been going through a recent brain tumour scare and it all began with me feeling a constant unbalance but then against my better judgement I decided to Google brain tumour symptoms (which I won't list incase it triggers anyone) and I got every single symptom. It also happened to me in the past with my fears of heart attacks, breast cancer, bowel cancer, dvt....honesty the list could go on.

sial72
31-07-15, 15:16
Donna
Totally!!! And I think most people will agree on this one, Google is EVIL for health anxiety. I now only ever allow myself on here lol.
I have even decided to block two people from Facebook aa they were always posting health related articles that made me ill.
Going on Google felt almost like a drug in that I knew it was hurting me but couldn't seem to stop.
Not any more xx

GoWhiteSox
31-07-15, 15:18
a person with health anxiety being on google is like a gambling addict being in las vegas...just not a good idea..

DonnaT
31-07-15, 15:35
Thanx everyone, some times I feel like im going mad. I too am going through a brain tumor scare and I stupidly googled like always and now seem to have so many more problems. I just didn't know if this is just me thanx everyone

worrywart29
31-07-15, 15:39
I was just searching last night for a name for this disorder. I recently found a rash on my breast that had to have been there for a couple months and I started out the blue worrying that it's inflammatory breast cancer. I googled and the next day I noticed I started getting all the symptoms. I had this rash for months and never had a symptom until I googled but of course my mind is making panic and think other wise

feelthelove
31-07-15, 17:24
Yes when i first started feeling unbalanced i googled and scared myself to death , i went to the doctor who ruled out brain tumor the lot . I still google sometimes especially when i can't talk my symptoms through with anyone on here and i end up feeling worse.

Solus
31-07-15, 18:02
Googling symptoms is never good, what I usually do is ask someone else to look up the symptoms and tell them what Im feeling so they can know if what im feeling is real

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Never ever google, go to the doctor and discuss your problems with a professional.
Would you rather speak with a Computer Interface or a human being like yourself?

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Also never trust your instincts when your in an anxiety run. Always trust logic and facts.