PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Panic and HA

runlex
31-07-15, 21:25
I am a new member from the US, married but no children yet. My life is completrly run by panic and anxiety. When I have panic attacks I always feel deep shame and sadness. This is usally the worstpart. I have had anxiety for the last 15 years and used to manage with drugs and alcohol but have been clean for the last 5 years. My anxiety has only gotten worse since then. I travel for work extensively and the stress and jet lag feel like they are crippling me. My apologies, this intro is not very structured but I in China right now, jet lagged and feeling awful.

venusbluejeans
31-07-15, 21:37
Hiya runlex and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zim
31-07-15, 22:49
Hello Runlex and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering so badly. Having to travel frequently can be stressful at the best of times so I can understand that when you combine it with anxiety, you're going to run into some trouble.

By drugs, do you mean medication? Just wondering. Either way, alcohol is never the answer so congratulations for being clean from that for so long. :yesyes:

I hope your jet lag effects ware off soon. I always get it super bad after a flight.

Mark13
01-08-15, 18:41
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

sial72
01-08-15, 19:26
Hi there
First of all congrats for being clean for 5 years!!!!
Wow, in china? The fact that you can make it there despite the anxiety is quite amazing!
Anyway, welcome xx