View Full Version : Long Term Antibiotics

senalarose
01-08-15, 00:14
I was on:
1) 6 week stint of a unknown med in feb plus corticosteroids inhaled
2) 3 days oral corticosteroid
3) 7 Days amoxicillin
4) 10 Days Penicillin
5) 1 Month Truvada (neg hiv results :) )
6) 1 other week of antibiotics
Now I am getting infections oral and on skin also serious constant head pains. Had a bad reastion to penicillin been off for 1 week now, itchy went away. Sore organs.Sore skin and feeling weaker. Also sore lungs and cheast now, was 2 abdominal 2 chest ct and a neuclear med. Im going nuts. Im in my 20s.

Wondering if this is supposed to worry me or if it is normal after I take so many meds in a small amount of time Had 4 ct scans this year with great results wondering where these issues can be arising from or if I brought this on from all the testing scans and radiation and such? Thanks it is worrying me.

MyNameIsTerry
01-08-15, 04:35
Oral infections could be due to the impact of antibiotics on your healthy bacteria as they kill them too leaving candida to grow unchecked until it is restored. Since these healthy bacteria are found in the mouth too, as are candida, it may mean needing to restore healthy bacteria levels to prevent it causing further problems. A GP will probably prescribe an anti fungal for it if you see them about that.

Antibiotics killing off the good bacteria is also associated with various other problems including some infections, GI issues, anxiety, etc so its worth restoring the balance with probiotics which the NHS address starting to come around to by advising it might be appropriate alongside antibiotics under GP supervision. (Overkill really considering they can be found in yoghurt forms everywhere!)

senalarose
01-08-15, 04:50
Forgot to ad was on 2 anti fungal last month also. Is it physically possible the 2 ab ct at one time plus 2 chest ct at same time could have caused these problems. Head hurts bad with nose probs .Tongue wasn't candida. Did swab. Nasty mouth taste and pain tho. Could I have gotten cancer that fast it started hurting 1 month after scans and anti fungal and antibiotics. So pissed n scared

senalarose
01-08-15, 18:53
1)
Just wondering if anyone can ad anything for me for re assurance. I am ruining my days. Having a honeymoon for this week and keep thinking I wont make it to our days of having kids. We are perfect. I hate that I went through all those tests and now constantly think that these pains and symptoms are all related to the double abdominal and double lung ct I had within a months time.

2)
Just hoping and praying it is related to all the medicine/antibiotics I was on.
Can ct scans get you that fast? The pains are rediculous. I had a abdominal ultrasound and waiting on the results, the ultrasound hurt from the pushing.

3)
4 Years back I had a full body ct and a head ct also due to a bad injury. I have had a total of 6 cts now (4 this year) and 1 nuclear medicine in October. Can any of these scans be due to this. I had a MRI in feb when I was not getting pains but just wanted to check my head and they saw nothing, now the pain is intense and my skin is sore all over. Just hope for some help and relief. Sorry for the panic guys. Had a bad breakdown that led to these scans,

4)
Has anyone else had these many scans or more at a young age so close together and ended fine.

halmatro
16-09-15, 21:50
Im having same concerns as you are. How are you doing now ?

juragan
17-09-15, 20:01
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

sial72
17-09-15, 22:14
Senalarose
I have a very bad reaction from antibiotics, but mine was Levofloxacin (Quinolones) and these are known to have very bad adverse reactions, not that I was informed before taking them.
I would try to find out what other antibiotics you took x