PDA

View Full Version : 8yr old, tummy ache and feeling floor moving

maltahypo
01-08-15, 05:10
Hi, please let me have your views as I am freaking out. My son, who will be 8 in December, has been complaining of a mild tummy ache which gets better after some time he has used the toilet. But the most thing that is freaking me out is that on a couple of occasions he said he was feeling the floor moving although he still continues to run and play around.

What could it be as I am really freaked out.

countrygirl
01-08-15, 15:13
Is he constipated at all? This could account for tummy ache which gets better with bowel movement.
The floor moving could be totally seperate issue and may be his way of saying he is feeling a little dizzy at times.
If he is still active and normal then its not bothering him too much.
Could you take him to the Dr just for reassurance?

maltahypo
01-08-15, 19:30
Called paediatrician who said that as long as he is not lethargic and loosing consciousness and falling, is nothing to worry about, but I still worry, a lot!

countrygirl
01-08-15, 20:19
Of course you do you are a mother with health anxiety! I have been there and done that (my son is now 34yrs old) and I still worry and now worry about my 2yr old grandson.
If you can, try your hardest to not let your son see you panic as my son got really annoyed with me when he was older for always getting in a panic and it can affect your relationship with them. I know its alot easier said than done but not everyone understands health anxiety.
Glad the Dr was unconcerned.