PDA

View Full Version : Hi there, new here

Hope_springs
01-08-15, 08:46
Hi everyone, I'm a 36 yr old mother of two boys and a long time anxiety sufferer. I've been on and off Citalopram for the past 9 years, currently on it for the 3rd/4th time? I wish I'd never stopped it:( I'm struggling badly with anxiety and the side effects of the tablets at the moment. Thank goodness I have a super supportive husband, he's been my rock.
I'm currently looking into going for therapy, I want to get rid of this condition once and for all, I should've done it a long time ago.
This site and the people who post their stories have been a comfort, so thanks very much for that.

venusbluejeans
01-08-15, 08:58
Hiya Hope_springs and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Hope_springs
01-08-15, 09:08
Thanks so much :)

sial72
01-08-15, 09:35
Hi there and welcome xx

Zim
01-08-15, 10:11
Hello there and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

You've come to the right place. Having a supportive partner is definitely going to be a big help on your road to recovery. Also, having a chat with the people on here who you can relate to and who are suffering similar issues will put everything into perspective for you. :)

Therapy is a good idea. Your attitude is key. If you want to beat this once and for all, the coping methods which you will learn during therapy will put you on the right path to this goal.

Good luck.

Hope_springs
01-08-15, 16:28
Hi there Zim
Thanks so much for your reply. It's definitely a comfort to hear from people in similar situations. Anxiety is a lonely condition and only sufferers can truly understand what we go through.
Therapy will help me get to the bottom of what causes it for sure.
Thanks for your time :)

Pepperpot
01-08-15, 20:46
Hello and welcome :)

Hope_springs
02-08-15, 13:17
Hi Pepperpot, thank you :)