PDA

View Full Version : Made it to a Party

t0rt01se36
01-08-15, 13:17
I rarely go out, but today I feel so proud of myself, because yesterday, I made a special effort and went to my Neice's First Birthday party.

In the morning, i woke up in a panicky state. Then I felt shakey. I recovered a short time later and got on with things.

It took me a long time to get ready and even though time went so quick, I was still determined to carry on getting ready and get to the party. No way did I want to miss out on seeing my Niece, giving her two presents and meeting Relatives who I hadn't met before and also who I had seen for a lot of months.

When I arrived, it was overwhelming for me, because there were 15 people there and hardly room to stand up, so I was glad to get to an area of the house, where there weren't too many people.

I met a baby who I hadn't met before and was lucky to meet him and his family, before they left. i arrived in the evening, a few hours too late, but atleast I got there, eventually.

My Niece was ready for bed and before she went, I opened one of her presents for her.

Food I soon needed , so ate some crisps and a Fondant Fancy cake.

OCD and my handwashing flared up whilst I was at the party, but wasn't too bad. Washed my hands a few times, which I probably needed to anyway.

Later on in the evening, I sang to my family and two relatives, and two of them taught me how to get the tone right, but overall I was already good at singing the song.

I got a bit nervous and giggly, but started again, without anyone minding too much. When I saw the dog staring at me, that really put me off. LOL. I wasn't gonna give yp, so again, started singing again.

Over a lot of years, I have missed out on so much n so many occasions. I started having Counselling a few weeks ago and that has given me a new outlook on life, by giving me the opportunity to set some realistic goals and try harder to go out more.

Really pleased i went to the Party and had a good time.:D

What I didn't say was, that I unfortunately missed an important visitor in the morning yesterday and did chores n so on, to fill in time, waiting for a phone call. The phone rang and I missed it. I felt things were going wrong, but put the negative thoughts aside, eventually and that's why I woke up panicky, because of the looming Visit.

I also suffer from social anxiety.

Today, I don't feel like doing much, but i feel i've got a good enough reason to take things slowly.

Paul, I loved your post. Thank you! I bet the dog just wanted peace n quiet, once alot of guests had left and i ruined it, lol.

izzyspringbolt
01-08-15, 13:30
Well done!! This is so fantastic to read, you worked so hard. True courage is being afraid to do something, and doing it anyway, and you really showed true courage last night. Not only going but then singing in front of people and meeting new people, really you should be very proud of yourself. Good on you for posting your story to success stories, you deserve a big pat on the back and a treat. Make the most of this because if you feel good about yourself today, it'll make you more inspired to do the next scary thing, knowing how good you feel afterwards!

Again, well done!

sial72
01-08-15, 14:18
Wow CONGRATULATIONS, you did great. You are right to feel proud!!!
As izzy says and I always say to my daughter true courage is doing things in spite of being afraid and that really is the way forward xxx

Oosh
01-08-15, 14:21
Well done :)

swgrl09
01-08-15, 15:19
awesome!!

pulisa
01-08-15, 19:55
You should be really proud of yourself- a huge well done!

Pepperpot
01-08-15, 22:32
Well done - I loved reading about your progress and I will look forward to many more inspiring posts like these x

Snaily2015
02-08-15, 20:30
well done...see life is do-able. keep going! :-) x

t0rt01se36
03-08-15, 11:19
Snaily, I will do my best. Not in my nature to go out everyday lol but I am determined to go out more often.

This Friday, is my next big challenge, which is to go to a gig at a venue I haven't been to before.:unsure:

Antonio2301
03-08-15, 23:40
Well done Julie ! This Friday will be a doddle .. Go and enjoy yourself :yesyes: