PDA

View Full Version : Feeling terrible again! Help!

Leah1971
02-08-15, 01:33
Hi everyone, I feel like after making some progress I've gone completely back to square one. I was sick last week and I think that's triggered it. I feel constantly nauseous, anxious, panicky, can't eat and wake with panic. I'm on a high dose of Lexapro although my pdoc is ok with me going higher. So yesterday I've increased by 5mgs and now am on a grand total of 35mgs. Sometimes I wonder if I should switch to zoloft. I was on that years ago and from what I remember that worked well. I was taking 100mgs back then.
Would you say this is just a blip? I'm feeling really discouraged like I've not achieved anything and will never get past this. I'm doing my best to not get swallowed by it all. I keep telling myself this is just anxiety, it can't hurt me and it too will pass just like it has before. But it's so hard when I just feel like vomiting. Can someone please offer me some words of encouragement? I really need it at the moment. :weep:

Pepperpot
02-08-15, 09:49
Hi,
I think this is just temporary. You said yourself you had made progress and a bout of illness has triggered you feeling bad again. You have managed to get yourself to a place where you felt good. You can (and you will) do this again. Accept this is a passing phase, make an appointment with the doctor to discuss your meds, and remember we are all here to support you :)

lior
02-08-15, 10:23
Poor you! Is there something that makes you not feel like vomiting? Drink plenty of water if you can. It might calm you down and rebalance you.

I know how you feel. And if you're anything like me, thoughts like 'I haven't achieved anything, I'll never get past this' crop up and make you stay in that anxious place. Break the cycle - replace that sort of thinking with something else. What I do is make lists of positive things - things I like doing, things I'm grateful for, dreams I have. I also write gratitude letters to my friends. That helps me break the cycle of thinking.

Calvin Harris
02-08-15, 11:18
Please look into at last life(Paul David) or Claire Weekes they describes this as "setbacks" quite well and say you just have to accept them as they are part of every single sufferers recovery
I had a setback yesterday anxiety, massive headache, couldn't sleep considered starting medication, after doing well for 2 weeks
a bit shaking this morning then went for a walk and i was back to being more calm than usual an ready to beat this shit.
Also could it be the 5mg increase in lexapro causing those symtoms ?

Leah1971
03-08-15, 06:13
Thank you all for your encouragement. We all know how much if a difference that can make when we're feeling like this.
I upped the dosage after I started to feel anxious again. Hopefully this little bit more will help. I'm sure it's because I got sick. And the crappy feelings, headaches, nausea and chest infection set it all off.
Like you, I want to beat this shit! :yesyes:

Pepperpot
03-08-15, 09:44
That's the spirit :yesyes:

It is hard and we will all have setbacks, but we just gotta pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and try again. And also come on here for a moan. :roflmao: