PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, CBT and pushed to my limit.

doveofhope
02-08-15, 17:28
Hi there,
So i've just joined the boards today but I feel like i'm at my limit with what I can take. I went to the drs a couple of weeks ago and got put on a CBT waiting list. I'm waiting for my first appointment on the 18th...

I just don't know how I can cope with normal life, even until the 18th.

I drank a lot on Thursday and i'm dealing with severe anxiety about what happened. I got drunk on a work thing and i'm so so worried that i've mucked up so badly. I'm worried that I said something or did something that will make my already stressful work situation work. I feel guilty, and am full of dread for the next month to see if there are any repercussions.

Before that I was anxious about travelling and it's just ruining my life at the minute :( I don't know whether to go back to the drs tomorrow and see if they can do anything else?

I'm really struggling to cope at the minute :( Any advice or help you can give me would be amazing. x

Oosh
02-08-15, 21:08
I know how you feel. Anxiety and drinking don't mix. I packed it in years ago. Give it a few days, it'll pass and hopefully you can calm yourself down easier.

Can you not call anyone you work with and ask if everything is ok at work ?
Make up a reason to call someone and see if anything is mentioned.

I'm sure everything's fine. Worries like this are very common the morning after drinking.

SarahH
02-08-15, 21:17
Bad times for you. Sorry you are feeling so bad but Oosh is right this sounds like post piss-up anxiety. Its a horrible experience.
My advice but you can ignore it) lay off all stimulants for a few weeks, alcohol, caffeine drugs. Take long walks in the fresh air and look into "mindfulness". There is loads on the tinternet about it:)

sarah

doveofhope
03-08-15, 12:04
Hey guys, thanks so much for your response.
I booked a Drs appointment for this afternoon, i've made the commitment not to drink that heavily until my anxiety is under control again and i've been in work this morning and things seem fine. I still have massive fears and anxiety surrounding it all but at this stage, there's nothing more I can do :(

Em x