PDA

View Full Version : Severe Panic attacks?

monday_blue
05-02-07, 13:28
Hi there,

I am so glad i found this forum because I am getting a little concerned.

A quick history. During my pregnancy 7 years ago I had something similar to Ectopics. (can't remember the medical term). The Doc's did ECG/ ultrasound, 24 hour recording etc. The Doc's came back with the results that everything was normal and that it was the electrics of the heart skipping beats etc because of the stress of the pregnancy.He told me this sometimes happens during pregnancy.

In the here and now.... Suddenly and without warning I have had Ectopics again. The symptoms, fluttering heart, fluttering in throat followed by skipped beat that feels like a massive pound in my chest and then normal again. This has been happening for the past month on and off. Sometimes it's just one fluttering/ skipped beat and then all okay, sometimes it will happen a couple more times during that day.

I have been under extreme stress and I am naturally a nervous person. My nervousness recently has been at an all time high. I have also suffered panic attacks in the past.
I am having panic attacks again. The symptoms being: Feeling as if I can't breathe properly, my throat feels constricted and the most awful in my mind- I can't swallow properly which makes me think I am suffocating.

I know this is in the mind but I am having a really hard time trying to talk myself out of it. I am extremely frightened of swallowing my tongue, I know this sound stupid. I think it's because when i was younger I saw someone have a seizure and they did swallow their tongue. I am also suddenly very concerned of bloodclots and heart attacks.

I know that the Ectopics and panic attacks must be linked by what i have said but I just don't know how to deal with it all. I feel silly going to my Doctor's about this or should I speak to my Docotor?

I have been having panic attacks nearly everyday for the last couple of weeks, during the night before I go to sleep. This happens only at night when I have had panic attacks in the past. During the day I am fine.

I just need to know that this is normal and if there is anyone out there who has had similar or understands, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

joolee
05-02-07, 14:03
hi i have had these ectopics and flutterings all week i suffer with ectopics for the past 4 years now and still cant get used to them i have my good days but i hate when i have my bad days with them you just have to reassure yourslf all the time that they are harmless i know its hard but they will go if you keep saying this love julie

beadbabe
05-02-07, 16:25
Yes ectopic beats are really horrible and frightening. I have had them on and off for over six months now. Every so often I have a day free of them and i really get my hopes up that they are going away, but today they are awful again. I get dizzy, nauseous and feel sick with them.

I think what you are going through sounds like what I suffer from. I have had lots of tests and all normal. Well, it's not normal how we are feeling but it's not so easy to put it down to adrenaline, but I am trying to accept that that is what it is.

pamella
05-02-07, 18:10
hi, i to suffer with fear of heart attack, every panic is one. i had a clot on my lung oct2005 witch didnt help my panics but if u have a clot u hav pain which doesnt go away. i had my pain for 6hrs before i went to hospital when i had my clot. my father died of heart attack at age of 52 so that is why i fear them. i panic more at night also. what u describe sounds very like what i go through. i really hav to tell myself that this is just panic and i hav had them before, oh i no its easier said than done.i wish i could take my own advice, i just wanted to let you no your not alone in your fears. as they say its the fear we fear. hope ur feeling better.x

pjrobb