PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

ASich206
03-08-15, 17:00
My name is Alexa, I am a college student and I see the school therapist at school. However, when I am home for the summer I do not have the luxury. Recently my anxiety has flared up again about buying a new car, working two jobs, and getting ready to move back to school. This anxiety has started to overwhelm me. I also have noticed that I am suffering from bouts of health anxiety that make me want to google and research dull pains in my stomach and or back. The pain never localized and always in different spots in my body. I just need help getting back on my feet so these thoughts don't continue to plague my mind as I try to enjoy the last 10 days I have before move in day.

Pepperpot
03-08-15, 17:07
Hello and welcome :welcome:

Dr Google (as you know) is rubbish - he never gets the right diagnosis :)
What have you been doing to help you through the anxiety?
x

venusbluejeans
03-08-15, 17:12
Hiya ASich206 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
03-08-15, 21:03
Hi Alexa
I have made a commitment to myself and kept it to not Google, it was making me ill and it really is not worth it, we go looking for reassurance but NEVER get any. So, I would suggest no Googling and some exercise, burn off excess adrenaline and focus the mind xx

ASich206
03-08-15, 21:57
I have been playing my instrument and painting to try and keep my mind off of anxiety. I usually run to clear my head but my chiropractor told me to take a week or so off until my back is feeling better again. I'm sure my anxiety is just making me feel worse so I'm trying to forget about it.