PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

lsinshirley
03-08-15, 18:38
Hi all

My current issue is that I need to have an endoscopy after a recent issue. I have posted on the relevant page when I signed up.

I realise it is just an uncomfortable procedure but just seem to be going into panic mode.

I am now practising my relaxation techniques and positive imagery. The appointment could be ages away as it is not an emergency so I have plenty of time to practice.

In the past I have beaten social anxiety and phobias.

The most recent fear was swimming in a lake as I hate fish. So I decided to make friends with the fish by calling them names like Terry the trout, Clive the cod and picturing cartoon like fish. It was really successful, I want to see a fish now. Unlikely though as they keep away from us swimmers lol.

Another thing I have beaten is eating chocolate so much it was more of a compulsive disorder. I got a Book on self hypnosis and it really worked. Best £6 I have ever spent. Saved £100s from not eating choice.

No need reply to this post as I am already on my way to a positive out come.

:-)

venusbluejeans
03-08-15, 18:43
Hiya lsinshirley and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: