PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hi

Jenny_wren
03-08-15, 18:41
Hi I'm Jenny, 28 and live in the UK. I have two children aged 8 and 6.
I have GAD and panic attacks. Started 6 1/2 years ago after I had gastroenteritis on holiday. I went through a rough two years after that where I wouldn't leave the house. But with help from family and CBT sessions I managed to get out and about again. I even passed my driving test in 2011.
November 2013 I went out in the car to pick my children up from school and had a massive panic attack. Since then I have been up and down with my anxiety. I still find it hard to go out by myself, especially in the car. I am ok if I have my safe person with me, the anxiety and panic isn't too bad.

What I would really like is to be able to go out again by myself. Go for a walk with my children and even take them out in the car.

Well that's about it for now. :)

Carnation
03-08-15, 18:44
:welcome: Jenny Wren.

venusbluejeans
03-08-15, 18:47
Hiya Jenny_wren and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Pepperpot
03-08-15, 20:15
Hey - welcome :)
Hope you find it useful here and if you need a chat anytime, give me a shout :) xx

sial72
03-08-15, 21:19
Hi Jenny
I so understand you, I also have a safe person, two in fact, but they are both away for a long time, so I think it is just a matter of starting off little by little and building up your confidence knowing that you CAN do it xx