PDA

View Full Version : hi. new to this

ryh
03-08-15, 20:28
Hi all.
where to start, here I am again, i have had 12 years panic free after a terrible time in my 20's. Its been a couple of months of panic and lows that follow, I am on 10 mg citalopram for 11 days now. tried to increase to 20mg on saturday but it knocked me out. my doctor said that 10mg may be enough as I am slim 5 foot 7 and exercise regular. its always good to hear advice from others going through the same.I know it takes some time for the drug to work too. Hope to hear form anyone with similar advice. thanks

venusbluejeans
03-08-15, 20:33
Hiya ryh and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
03-08-15, 21:10
Hi there
Sorry to hear it has come back after so long, can you identify what brought it on again?
Xxx

Pepperpot
03-08-15, 23:51
Welcome; you've come to the right place :)

ryh
04-08-15, 05:31
I am not sure what brought it back, I am trying not to worry. but my days are now filled with worry and ups and downs. I am back at work this morning so worrying about that, lucky that my work are supportive so far. I think I also have ocd worry about all sorts of illnesses, I have always had this but the last few weeks its been terrible. I am hoping that the 10mg citaropram will start working soon, Hope everyone has a good day.

Pepperpot
04-08-15, 08:34
It should kick in soon. Whats worrying you about work? x

Zim
04-08-15, 08:47
Hi Ryh,

Welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

I'm sorry you've had a bit of a bad one after so long panic free. On the upside, you've beaten it once already which is extremely commendable. Well done!

Having taken the first step and identified that it's just beginning to come back in the last few months, you will definitely beat it once again.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

ryh
04-08-15, 10:48
Thanks everyone. Great having this forum to chat on

Bella100
10-08-15, 16:48
Hello, I am new here aswell trying to navigate my way around this huge site!
I have experience with Citalopram, was on it for about four years, I remember when I first started taking it on a low dosage it was hard to adjust and I did have a few side effects, I remember most about that medication that for me it seemed hard for them to find the right dosage, took a bit of trial and error for a while but found 30 was just about right. I hope that it starts to kick in soon for you and helps!