PDA

View Full Version : Back Again 😕

DanSim84
03-08-15, 22:59
Hi Everyone

I'm back again. Was a member a few years ago but as my health anxiety seemed to slowly evaporate so did my activity on here.
Just recently though it seems to have come back with a vengeance. Been to and throwing to the doctors and hospital with chest pain and breathing difficulties. This time however things feel different, they feel more severe - I saw a GP and Cardiologist who have scared the life out of me, they have found something on my ECG that they want to run further tests on, they have said that it could be perfectly normal for a 30 year old however they haven't told me exactly what is going on.
I've been beating myself up for 2 weeks now really stressing hard that this may be something serious.
Anyone else in a similar or have been in a similar position?

Dan

GoWhiteSox
03-08-15, 23:14
do you think it would make you feel better or worse to know what they found on your EKG? personally i like full disclosure from doctors..

DanSim84
03-08-15, 23:20
I think it's the not knowing that gets me down because I worry, I think if I knew what they found I could potentially adapt my lifestyle to stop it getting worse. At the moment I'm just none the wiser.

GoWhiteSox
04-08-15, 01:07
yeah if i were you i would feel the same way..id want to know instead of filling in the blanks myself..any way you can ask?

DanSim84
04-08-15, 06:18
A letter got sent to my GP with some information on it, I got a copy as standard and can't make head nor tail of it and scared myself - Phoned the GP who said nothing except that the appointments for the follow on tests will be sent out in the post