PDA

View Full Version : Life is such a mess, scared of my own shadow and now made it worse

franfhm
04-08-15, 04:15
Hey all,

Seriously at my wits end, I don't know what to do.....been so on edge lately. Had an awful breakup with my boyfriend, he now finds it funny to threaten to turn up at all hours of the day and night because I am apparently sleeping with someone else (which I'm not, he seems to be suffering extreme paranoia).

Now tonight, my next door neighbour decides to have a hot tub party at 2.30am, shouting and screaming, when I've only just dropped off to sleep thanks to the ex being a prat.....i shouted from my window at next door to be quiet, half an hour later, they are still making noise, so I shout again.....next thing him and his friend jump out of the hot tub and come over towards me having a go, so I threaten them with calling the police, they still have a go, I call the police because I'm fed up (this is not the first time I've had issues with next door). I'm still waiting for the police an hour later, and now because they've shut up and gone away I'm worried I'm going to be wasting police time........I just want to sleep.......

I just feel I cannot cope anymore x

Pepperpot
04-08-15, 08:44
Don't be worried about wasting police time - I am assuming you rang the 101 number as 999 would surely have came by now? That is what they are there for and it is not your fault they have calmed things down during the time it takes for the police to come. The police can have words with them - in the meantime, I would be contacting the council to see what can be done about the noise. Also, if they have a private landlord, they may in breach of their contract.

Obviously though, the main issue is the ex. What is he hoping to do turning up at all hours anyway? You need to tell him you will not hesitate to go to the police if he carries on like this. And, you should ask their advice anyway. You cannot go on living like this, on the edge, it is not called for. x

franfhm
04-08-15, 09:22
I called 999 due to the fact I was feeling threatened by these 2 idiots - however I ended up calling 101 to cancel the call as the situation had gone away. Now I'm spending the day hiding in my house from all the other neighbours as the whole thing probably woke them up too. Unfortunately he owns the house - and behaves like a brat.

I wish I knew pepperpot - he just wants to cause trouble, thinks he can catch me out - although the only thing he'll catch me doing is being stupidly anxious, alone. He will never get me back this way, although he just seems to want to watch me suffer x

sophieunderscore
04-08-15, 11:16
Fran - you can call the police on your ex, that's stalking behaviour and completely inappropriate, you should not be living in fear because of some idiot.

You did the right thing calling the police about your neighbours, they had no right to threaten you like that.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that - please message me on FB if you need to chat about anything, hate to think of you suffering in silence. And pop into chat if people are in there, you know we'll look after you!

Look after yourself, you CAN cope, and you will get through this rough patch, big hugs xxxx

Pepperpot
04-08-15, 11:35
I called 999 due to the fact I was feeling threatened by these 2 idiots - however I ended up calling 101 to cancel the call as the situation had gone away. Now I'm spending the day hiding in my house from all the other neighbours as the whole thing probably woke them up too. Unfortunately he owns the house - and behaves like a brat.

I wish I knew pepperpot - he just wants to cause trouble, thinks he can catch me out - although the only thing he'll catch me doing is being stupidly anxious, alone. He will never get me back this way, although he just seems to want to watch me suffer x
In that case, keep a noise diary and contact the council.
I really would be ringing the police on him - this is no way for you to live.
Don't worry about what the neighbours think - you haven't done anything wrong xx

venusbluejeans
04-08-15, 11:53
Fran dabbie dozie.... Not really got any pearls of wisdom or great advice for you really, but just to let you know we are all here for you on here and on Facebook.

Hopefully if you have had no problems with your neighbour before then it will be a one off and it will be peaceful for you now

franfhm
04-08-15, 13:28
Thanks, I really am rubbish at asking for help :( I always feel like I'm being stupid or overreacting, just can't seem to get it together right now xx