PDA

View Full Version : Suffering again after nearly a year and a half...

DoubtfulDarling
04-08-15, 12:12
Hi,

I hope you're all well!

To cut a long story short, I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression and OCD back in 2012 after suffering a breakdown at the age of 19. I am now 22, nearly 23 and everything has come back with a vengeance.

I have recently suffered a traumatic breakup with the love of my life, and it's safe to say that this has set me back so much. I decided to end the relationship in the heat of an argument, and now, he won't even speak to me. He's told me that although he cares about me, the arguments and constant bickering are too much and he's given up, essentially.

Since Sunday, when it really hit home that it was over, I haven't been able to eat properly, sleep properly or even concentrate on minor things. On Sunday, I just wanted the world to forget about me so that I wouldn't need to feel this horrible, empty ache that's occurred since we've broken up.

I struggle to leave the house, I took the day off of work yesterday as I took 25mg of Sertraline and it gave me the WORST side effects. It felt like an elephant was standing on my head and I only managed to get around 2-3 hours sleep. I've explained to my work what I've been through, as I do not want to lose my job based on this. I'm a good, hardworking member of the team, it's just my depression is striking me down yet again.

I'm trying to remain positive and I am focused on no contact. I have deleted his number and removed the photos of myself and him from my bedroom as they are too hard to look at... All I want is the one person in my life who helped me come off of the antidepressants and fight my demons in the first place to love me again, and I don't think it's going to happen...

I wondered if anyone had any advice/tips or anything at all that can help me overcome this bad spell. I do not want to sink again or let depression ruin anymore of my life than what it has done since I was fourteen...

Many thanks for any advice.

Cheesemonster13
04-08-15, 16:37
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. :hugs:

My advice would be to deal with the situations you can do something about: your health and work.

Make an appointment with your doctor, both for advice and possibly for a dr's note for work. Keep work apprised of what you are doing and, if possible, tell them when you think you will be well enough to return. Try (if you can) to get back to your routine as quickly as possible, so that you have less time to brood.

You might have to go back on antidepressants for a while, if you need to. Don't see this as complete failure, it is merely a blip.

As for your relationship, for the moment I would let it be. Your partner obviously needs a bit of break from it all. Give it time.

DoubtfulDarling
05-08-15, 07:49
Hi,

Many thanks for your advice - I really do appreciate it.

I'm currently back at work and returned on Monday. I had a meeting with the general manager yesterday who advised that he wants me to go to the GP ASAP, and get this looked into and if I do get signed off, I will NOT lose my job.

I'm constantly feeling lethargic and have little or no energy to think about things. It's almost as if I need to FORCE myself to care and whatever else.

Myself and my ex partner haven't spoken since Sunday and I'm tying no contact, obviously to give him a bit of breathing space and breathing space for me.

I'm going to try and get a doctors appointment for some point in the week - bless my general manager, he even offered to take me...

It's nice to know people care after all - thank you for your advice and support.

Cheesemonster13
05-08-15, 13:40
You are very welcome, DoubtfulDarling :)

Your general manager sounds like a real sweetie!