PDA

View Full Version : Burning on left side of face

Kittee
04-08-15, 15:35
Hello all, I am new here and curious if anyone else has experienced this. I suffer from BDD, over my facial skin in particular. Since yesterday, I have felt burning sensation on my face, only on the left side. It is mostly on the outer area of my cheek, but more so on the cheekbone. Sometime I even feel it on my ear, going down the outside of my cheek, and near my chin on that side. I have had this feeling months ago when I was particularly stressed over my skin (like panic attack, nervous breakdown stressed), but I thought it was due to a product I had been using on my face. Well, now I am having it again, exact same area, despite not having touched that product since this happened before (in fact I threw it out). Is it possible that this is purely anxiety? Because I have been more stressed about my skin these past few days and then the burning came back. My face does not look any different or red in those spots, and I don't think it is due to a product because I have felt it on my ear as well, where I would not have applied any skin products. I don't use any harsh products on my face these days, and even if it were that it doesn't make any sense to me that the burning is only on one side, because anything (which isn't much) I put on my face I put all over. I just took a Xanax to see if it helps, because I am truly believing that this is more psychological than physical. Any input? Can anxiety really cause my face to feel a burning sensation just on one side? If I knew it was just anxiety I think I could calm down more, but as it stands the more I feel the burn the more anxious I get because I am afraid I damaged my skin somehow, so it's like a vicious cycle. I actually lulled myself to sleep last night by repeating in my head "this is in my mind, I am imagining this" and it seemed to calm the burning feeling somewhat. However it is back this morning. Please help :(