PDA

View Full Version : ectopics

joolee
05-02-07, 14:13
hi i am just needing some reassurance i have been having ectopics for four days now non stop i can usually shake the bighters off but i just cant its freaking me out i know if i worry about them they will just keep coming but its hard i had a horrible 5mins with my heart feeling like it was stuck on fluttering if you know what i mean i usually get the missed beat feeling like the thud in my chest but this freaked me out a little is this ok

jodie
05-02-07, 19:26
hi joolee

i have ectopics all the time some days every other beat and i get the flutters that last a few mins i know they are not nice at all and very scarey but i have had all the tests scans ect and they all fine .the doc sead it is just part of anxety and they wont do any harm (hard to belive)but i have had them years now .
have you been to the gp about them ,had any tests ?
i wouldnt stress over them try take your mind off them i know it is hard but it helps .
jodie xx

joolee
06-02-07, 11:12
hi jodie thanks for replying i have had tests done ecgs scan on heart and 24 hour monitor on they all came back fine just noticing it was ectopics i was having they said i could go on beta blockers or not i didnt go on them as i dont like taking anything thats not herbal i feel a lot better today i think i was thinking about them too much the past week and also i did have my period i get them worse when i have that hopefully i can get control of them again doing not bad today had a few but not letting them stress me out so hopefully they wont get worse luv julie

cazza
06-02-07, 15:31
Hi Julie
try not to focus on them as it makes them worse i have had them every day for 9 months now and they really get me down sometimes but like you i have all the tests and told not to worry
easier said than done i know
take care carol

joolee
06-02-07, 20:20
thank you carol i am having a bit of a bad time with them at the moment stressed with kids up all night not well i have 4 kiddies and they have all passed the bug around each other when one gets better then another one catches it so i am so tierd probably why they are so frequent at the moment eh thanks again love julie x

cazza
08-02-07, 11:02
Hi julie try this site it will help:D
http://rlr.qersys.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
carol x

Stu M
08-02-07, 12:23
Just a thought,

Has anyone ever considered a connection with feeling skipped beats and bloating (trapped wind)?

As my panic is diminishing slightly (through some analytical hypnotherapy) I am realising a few things about my symptoms. I notice I am bloated a lot of the time its as if my stomach is totaly full of air, its distended and solid to the touch. I have had stomach problems for years, but been so deep in my anxiety its been bottom of my symptom list.

My thought is if this big bag of air (so to speak) is pushing up against the area where the heart is, normal physics would presume it would amplify any small movement, sound or whatever that is occuring.

So if a normally un-noticed benign palpitation (skipped beat) occurs and this amplifying ballon is next to it, could this be why I feel it? It seems to make sense to me.

Any thoughts? Anyone medically experienced to perhaps look at it from an anatomy point of view?

Its an idea thats come to me in one of my limited non panic moments where my normal thought patterns are working, and I think I may be onto something. I will do some more research!

Stu :D

joolee
08-02-07, 17:42
omg i thought this too i have been having probs with bloatedness and i am always getting the worst of ectopics when i feel like this i think ur right xx

lin
11-02-07, 18:43
Hi Joolee

I've had ectopics for 6yrs, some days are good i may only get the odd one or two, but the bad days i get loads. Only last week i got them really bad they just wouldn't stop but they have calmed down now. But i was a little depressed so i think thats why i had so many. I don't think they will ever go it's just having to learn to live with them the best way possible.

linda x