PDA

View Full Version : valiums a bit shit imho

ohwell123
04-08-15, 16:21
Have I got something wrong here? I've been given 5mg a day to take with my Prozac but to be honest im an agitated mess even when I spread about 12.5mg over a day ? And as for that stays in your sytem for days on end bollocls I've been taking just under 15mg a day I wish id have just stayed pissed out my face throughout my holiday what a load of crap at least when I leave the diaz and have 7 pints my ocd and anxiety die a slow death , no wonder people self medicate with coke and booze

venusbluejeans
04-08-15, 17:26
Valium/diazpam and every other medication may suit one person but doesn't necessarily another....someone maybe helped by it and others may find it makes you worse.

I would recommend that you take a trip to your doctor about it, maybe they can suggest something else that may be able to help you.

I also would recommend that you don't mix alcohol and medication as it may help you short term but is mostly a very dangerous thing to do.

Please mind your language in your posts too, we have youngsters on the site too

karenp
26-08-15, 13:27
It never touched me either and I had to have a much stronger benzo to feel normal so I was given Lorazepam/Ativan. It's just hard getting off it. I am completely off after 2 years now but going through WD effects which are like being ill again. :(

HaroldMorse
21-09-15, 11:48
Valium/diazpam and every other medication may suit one person but doesn't necessarily another....someone maybe helped by it and others may find it makes you worse.

I would recommend that you take a trip to your doctor about it, maybe they can suggest something else that may be able to help you.

I agree with your point. I am using valium pills, but I am taking this with the concerned from my doctor that proved to be helpful for me.

gordie1
03-12-15, 16:08
I take 5mg diazepam 2 or 3 times a week it helps me at the time a lot but next day usually I'm really agitated I am wondering if it as a result of the diazepam I feel when I've had to travel and I've taken it I end up being so agitated I don't go. So I feel I am better off without it when I need to do something after I've taken it like travel as it just makes it worse

rachelleanne
23-01-16, 06:25
I've tried diazepam but it does not touch the sides with panic attack for me unless I take 29-40mg but doc won't prescribe that. I've just been put on pregabalin and so far it seems to be helping. It's different for everyone. At one time in my life taking diazepam would help me to get out of the house, catch a train, go to a meeting but then I started using more and my tolerance obviously increased and the dosage just didn't work. At the end of the day gp's are, in most cases, not going to dole out tranquilisers for life so finding an alternative is essential. And although I didn't think I had withdrawals I evidently did and it took a Long time to come off.
It's all about getting the right balance with therapy, lifestyle and medication and I know as well as any just how difficult that is. Have hope, if all else is gone, only hope remains...hold onto it.

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 ----------

I've tried diazepam but it does not touch the sides with panic attack for me unless I take 29-40mg but doc won't prescribe that. I've just been put on pregabalin and so far it seems to be helping. It's different for everyone. At one time in my life taking diazepam would help me to get out of the house, catch a train, go to a meeting but then I started using more and my tolerance obviously increased and the dosage just didn't work. At the end of the day gp's are, in most cases, not going to dole out tranquilisers for life so finding an alternative is essential. And although I didn't think I had withdrawals I evidently did and it took a Long time to come off.
It's all about getting the right balance with therapy, lifestyle and medication and I know as well as any just how difficult that is. Have hope, if all else is gone, only hope remains...hold onto it.

~I love deadlines, I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by ~
Douglas Adams