PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Google making me second guess my doctors

cashbyx
04-08-15, 18:00
So im 19, 92 pounds, vegetarian, and pretty active ive been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and take 25 mcg for that but also take 12.5 mg of paroxetine and 10 mg of ativan when needed. My first health fear was blood clots, then it moved to aortic aneurysm, and now its heart failure/heart attack. Ive been having chest pain , body aches, abdomen amd stomach pain and shortness of breath. Ive been woken up the past two nights ive woken up trying to catch my breath and going into immediste panic. I had a ultrasound of my abdomen on Monday and two blood tests that came back 'perfect' other than my thyroid. My doctor said its just my panic attacks and im just making myself sick but it really does feel like something else. I just need reassurance that im not the only one and im not dying an
d its just my head.

sial72
04-08-15, 18:20
You most certainly are not the only one, in fact all you have to do is take a quick look on this site to realise how many of us have this health anxiety. Your doctor is right, it is "just" panic. Maybe you could look into doing something to help with the anxiety...xxx

tmckenzie-orr
04-08-15, 18:21
Anxiety and panic attacks can make you so ill its horrible and it becomes into a OCD, worrying from different things thing after thing after thing, you have had the test to say your ok stop worrying and just accept what your results where perfectly fine

wnsos
04-08-15, 20:04
Google is the devil. It's provided us with so many good things but when you have ha, you have to teach yourself to trust your docs over websites and articles that scare monger. Xx

cashbyx
05-08-15, 03:38
now I have it in my head that I have congestive heart failure. ugh

56degree
05-08-15, 07:59
I am certain that myself and at least 80 percent of people on this site would not have a HA problem if not for google. As has been suggested there are some things that you can do to control your HA but the most effective thing you can do now is to STOP GOOGLING.

I know how hard it is, but you, I and everyone else knows that nothing good ever comes of it and that it is totally within your power to stop. So why do it?