PDA

View Full Version : Earlobe Creases

Willtruman
04-08-15, 19:45
Does anyone else worry about this?

About 1 1/2 year ago, my mom brought them up, saying that Dr. Oz warned about them being warning signs of a heat attack, or heart disease. I've been totally checked by a doc...and here's what they've found...(36yo guy btw)

-My crease is in one ear only.....doc thinks maybe I sleep on it predominantly.
-I'm overweight, but only about 30 lbs....so not alarmingly obese.
-Blood Sugar is fine.
-BP is high when I get to doc's office (140/100ish)...but by the end of the appt, drops to 120/80 or even lower.
-EKG in 2012, 2013, and 2014 fine and identical each time
-Passed stress test with flying colors
-Cholesterol is a borderline high, 220, but not "high high" and ratio of good to bad, is within normal limits....good cholesterol is fine.
-High CRP-6.9

My doc convinced me that with diet and exercise, and fish oil, he has no worries about my heart at this time. Recently, dad needed open heart surgery, (triple bypass and leaky valve replaced) but that may have been due to years of smoking, and rheumatic fever as a kid. My mom had a heart attack 7 years ago, but she was a lifelong smoker and a yo-yo dieter. Now being the child of 2 parents with heart disease before 70, my fears are re-igniting.

I can't help but notice this crease every time I look in the mirror. It's like a daily reminder that I might have heart disease. I've been told by an NP to stop being "Dr. Google," and let the people who have studied this for years make the decisions, but it's so hard!
I feel like some days the crease is deeper/more noticeable than others..which I suppose would work towards the theory that it's how I sleep...but why not in the other year? I tend to think that when the crease is more noticeable, I'm about to have a cardiac incident.

Can anyone calm my fears? I'm about to go on vacation next week, and I want to not have to worry too much!

Thanks!

misslove
04-08-15, 21:34
I've never heard of this, and I have also hear dr. oz says a lot of the stuff he says to sell products. If the dr has checked you out then I'm sure your fine. Eat creases are probably like wrinkles. They just happen.