PDA

View Full Version : Another ?

Ollie28
04-08-15, 21:33
What's this called.....

I'm constantly checking/watching myself it's become a habit or like my minds turned inwards and questioning why am I doing this why am I thinking that why I'm I thinking that I'm thinking - example today my wife nipped to next left me and my little girl at home she sat on the playstation as happy as can be why I relaxed watching but sat there questioning myself - why am I just sat here is she happy am I being a good dad why am I thinking like this kept asking if she was ok in the end she was like DAD!!! Yes I'm fine - before I got like this I would if just sat there in my phone or thinking about other random everyday things but it feels like I can't I'm constantly aware of my self my doings my thinking my thinking of thinking my doing if doing - makes me feel like I'm losing my mind I'm like this 24/7 My brains stuck like this - There's a bit on sons of anarchy where juice says I don't like being alone I think about thinking and goes around in circles! That's me! Is this what they mean or call hypo-vigilant??

sial72
04-08-15, 22:02
I think it is hyper-vigilant. I have been through this, it's horrible. You just become so focused on yourself, your own thoughts, body, symptoms.
You have to find things to take your attention off yourself. Sport is very effective for focusing outwardly. I was recommended to go to swimming lessons, because you learn to breathe, focus and burn off excessive adrenaline xx

Ollie28
04-08-15, 22:31
Thanks a lot, yer I've started back the gym boxing but still why I'm half way through something il be turning my attention back to myself like its a OCD of habbit - it's as if my brain can only go so long concentrating on somthing else then I snap back in to my consciousness of being aware of myself again. But when I do go off on one without being aware of it it's as if I'm not aware I'm doing it like I'm zoning out if that makes senses. It's as if I'm only aware of what I'm thinking or doing if im aware that I'm aware - if say for instance something happens that needs full attention I can deal with it but it's as if it's not happening.

My body just feels stuck "up" tense and that's how my cognition feels too. The more I become relaxed the less I feel like above - stuck in fight mode I have been told so all the bloods going to a certain part of the brain instead of both.
It's pretty debilitating though. I feel thick