PDA

View Full Version : hello introducing myself

flisco
05-08-15, 12:41
I hope that starting a new thread is the right thing to do- this forum is so huge its really confusing for me. I'm a newbie as you can tell and I'm here cos I'm suffering with huge levels of anxiety, I worry about travelling, catching trains- my fears mainly focus on being lost and not being able to find my way. Although I worry in work about every little thing- like from being trapped in a lift to not being able to perform simple tasks well.

my life is being affected hugely, i cant even do simple trips alone, and i feel like this is going to last forever. i wish there was some help out there. im seeing a psychiatrist for other mental health problems and am taking resperidone.

does anyone have the same feelings?

venusbluejeans
05-08-15, 12:53
Hiya flisco and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
05-08-15, 13:50
Loooads of us have the same symptoms, so you are not alone, that is for sure!
Have you had any form of therapy? I mean other than meds from the pshyc
Welcome, you CAN get better x

flisco
05-08-15, 14:33
I want some talking therapy or a try of the rapid eye movement therapy- I just feel like I have nowhere to turn, I feel so panicked about being lost Its having a huge impact on my life. My psychiatrist is more focused on the psychosis element of my illness- so I don't know how she's gonna respond to my increasing anxiety- I've had such a wild ride with the psychosis and depression I feel like the other elements get ignored.
do you think talking therapy might help?

sial72
05-08-15, 14:58
If you find a good therapist talking therapy can be sooo effective. Maybe you could find someone to recommend you a good one...

flisco
05-08-15, 15:09
yeah it would have to be free though, I'm going through NHS (thank god for the NHS) as I'm on minimum wage, maybe someone here could recommend something- thanks for responding, I appreciate it!

sial72
05-08-15, 15:14
Aah ok, I don't know that works as I live in Spain.
Reading Clare Weekes books also helped me a lot, you can get the really cheap through Amazon, they have even got a free download at the mo

flisco
05-08-15, 15:21
thanks just bought one on amazon! wanna kick this fear so badly! thanks for the hint!

snafulino
05-08-15, 15:57
I totally understand, I also fear germs in public places and I cant go on train/tube as I worry, among other things, to be pushed.Therapy and Recovery college are helping, I got on a bus alone for the first time in 5 yrs!

flisco
05-08-15, 16:06
wow that's great and you should be really proud- that really gives me hope, I can't wait to feel better I'm so frustrated by myself, I used to be so independent- and now the opposite.

Are you finding that you are becoming more confident? what therapy did you have?

Zim
05-08-15, 17:22
Hello Flisco and welcome :welcome:

You're definitely not alone with these symptoms. General anxiety disorder normally attacks us from different angles. It is made worse by our negative thought patterns and safety behaviours which you must identify in order to address your issues.

You will get better. This won't last forever if you keep pro-active and fight it.

Good luck. :)