PDA

View Full Version : C.B.T

hogwarts
05-02-07, 20:01
Hello all just to let you all know that i started my first C.B.T lesson today.

And it was brill it seemed very easy to grasp my theripist was very helpful to i have got 7 more to do so lets hope it will sort me out if you all know what i mean.

I just wanted to share this with you all.

Gareth.[^][^][^]

domino
05-02-07, 20:06
Hi do,nt know you, but well done to you, i to am waiting for cbt treatment, i hope i to will be posting a feeling goood about myself soon.:D

hogwarts
05-02-07, 20:11
It took me 6 months to get on this coures and finally i have got there i just carn't wait to see what the rest of the course will offer to me.

Gareth.

domino
06-02-07, 00:51
Well if this how you feel from one sesssion ,you will be fine, let us know how it goes.:D

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 17:48
Gareth

Good luck and let us know how it goes each week.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

debbsi
11-02-07, 10:56
Hi

Is CBT available on the NHS?

Deb

hogwarts
27-02-07, 13:26
Well i did my second session yesterday with my therapist it was really good. I have set some goals for the next two weeks and i have to rate how they make me feel i have choosen to visit the gym 5 times instead of 3 and play my children more and do more walking. Because i don't walk much because i get wobble leg.

I just wanted to let you all know how i was getting on.

Gareth.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

debbsi
03-03-07, 10:36
Do you think the cbt is helping, or is it too early to tell? I'm waiting for an appointment to start mine.

jo61
03-03-07, 17:09
WEll done Gareth, that's great news

nomorepanic
03-03-07, 19:31
Great news Gareth.

I want to try an experiment and merge this post with your other CBT one so you have a continuous thread going about your experience.

Is that ok?

IzzyB
03-03-07, 23:47
Well done gareth!
Let us know how it goes...
There is a massively long waiting list for CBT where I am so my doctor has recommended a book. I have to go and get it from the library on prescription (mad! typical bohemian brighton!), and I'd rather just go out and buy it - except I can't as I cant remember what its called and the prescription just says "Book 6" :D
so another mission for me next week is visit the library... arrrrg. prefer online shopping anyday!!!!

Izzy xx

hogwarts
09-03-07, 13:30
Hello Nic yes this is fine i think other sufferer's may benifit from it.

Gareth.

nomorepanic
10-03-07, 18:28
Gareth

I have merged them and it seems to work well!

You can add to this thread now.

Wenjoy
10-03-07, 21:42
I did 6 weeks of CBT which sort of helped but I still panic in queues in supernarkets or hot shops and if i am away from an exit eg upstairs in a dept.store - I know what my "hot" thought is - its that I cant escape and cant breathe and I try to turn my thinking round but its so difficult. Wenjoy x

hogwarts
12-03-07, 12:28
I am back with my theripist today for session number 3 i will let you all know how i get on.

Gareth.

jo61
12-03-07, 12:40
Look forward to hearing Gareth

Slothette
12-03-07, 12:59
Good luck Gareth.....tell us all about it when you get home. It will be interesting to hear how you get on. Hope it's still helping.

Lexxie xxx

hogwarts
12-03-07, 20:44
Hello all well session number 3 went well i think.

Today my theripist and i did about Thinking errors what its about is what we are thinking at the time we have a panic attack and were we are and what set it off.

It shows how our thinking often becomes twisted when we are stressed anxious and depresed which makes us even more upset.

it also shows you how to do Distraction Techniques like deep breathing, going for a walk, or reading , or mental things like cross words, to take are mind of what we are thinking and so on.

I will let you all know how i get on this week with all these things.

Gareth. :yesyes: :yesyes:

lildutt
13-03-07, 09:12
go for it hun sound great
bellxx

sarahby
16-03-07, 13:58
yes it is available on the nhs i think as my doc is trying to refer me for cbt