PDA

View Full Version : Tried to do too much

bekw89
05-08-15, 13:09
So I went on the bus into town today by myself was nervous but managed and bought some things then bam huge panic attack. Had to get a taxi back just at mom and dads now.

sial72
05-08-15, 13:47
Don't let that dampen the positivity you had today. You did it and that is what counts xx

bekw89
05-08-15, 13:50
Thanks sial i'm trying not to, intact it was the positivity I was feeling that got me so far so I guess I have to take it as a positive. It also stopped pretty quickly although I can feel adrenaline in my system still.

pulisa
05-08-15, 14:00
Try not to analyse yourself and your feelings too much. You made some positive steps today and that's what counts. Accumulated adrenaline doesn't just vanish-it takes time and a gradual reduction of the anxiety state. Please don't be disheartened-you're on the right tracks

Deanosbeano
05-08-15, 14:11
Positives
1 :So I went on the bus
2:into town today
3:by myself
4:was nervous but managed
5:bought some things
6:get a taxi back
7:at mom and dads now

negative
1: panic attack.

Depending on how you asess your day sometimes the negative can cloud all the positives , when i read your post i thought of how proud i would of been to have managed all those things :) , well done .
Hardest part for me would have been the Taxi i think .

bekw89
05-08-15, 14:18
Positives
1 :So I went on the bus
2:into town today
3:by myself
4:was nervous but managed
5:bought some things
6:get a taxi back
7:at mom and dads now

negative
1: panic attack.

Depending on how you asess your day sometimes the negative can cloud all the positives , when i read your post i thought of how proud i would of been to have managed all those things :) , well done .
Hardest part for me would have been the Taxi i think .

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

THANK YOU!

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Try not to analyse yourself and your feelings too much. You made some positive steps today and that's what counts. Accumulated adrenaline doesn't just vanish-it takes time and a gradual reduction of the anxiety state. Please don't be disheartened-you're on the right tracks

Thanks Pulisa I will bear this in mind. The jeans I bought are too small so I might have to return to the scene of the crime!

pulisa
05-08-15, 14:33
But you made it into town and that's the positive thing. Take it slowly and don't expect too much. Your situation has happened to me loads of time and now I'm managing just fine. You will get there in your own time.

Danron
05-08-15, 14:42
The fact that you took the steps to go there in the fist place is brilliant, well done! :yesyes: