PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties with EFT

davidthegnome
05-02-07, 19:09
Hi everyone.

I'm experiencing some difficulties using EFT on one of my traumatic memories. It's an old memory from when I was thirteen years old and perhaps the root of my old PTSD diagnosis. I have been thinking about trying this for days but have resisted. I've suppressed that memory for a long time and worked very hard to suppress it. It involves a lot of guilt and fear.

I notice that as I try using what they call the "movie technique" to go back and bring that memory into focus, I feel resistance. I also feel like I've blocked some of the memory of that night out, I have a hard time recalling it well. Certain portions of that memory I am able to recall, but others seem clouded or blocked. So I'm not sure exactly what to tap on or even if I should try doing this by myself. I'm afraid that going back to that night will cause a panic attack or great fear or something. Maybe it sounds kind of irrational.

I tapped on the fear of those memories and a few other points but I am still feeling great resistance towards this. I noticed a headache coming on even as I was trying. I wonder if anyone has any advice on how I should best handle this. Are there any EFT practitioners out there? I'm pretty much a beginner and would welcome any advice or input.

carldourish
05-02-07, 20:06
I've just PMed you David.

Carl