PDA

View Full Version : I googled and now I regret it

stressedanxious
05-08-15, 18:57
I googled symptom of rib pain, and it says cancer can casue it. I am frekaing out I am crying and I am scared out of my mind.

My second rib sticks out more on one side then my right side, and now I am scared.

I feel like there is a pain in that area, but I Don't know if its all in my head or if its actually real pain. I went to the nurse practitioner and they said its probably just assymtetrrical , and not to worry about it, but i can't stop worrying. I am freaking out. I don't know what to do, I am embarrassed to go to the doctor again, but I am crying not knowing ..

sial72
05-08-15, 19:10
We are all asymetrical, so it's normal.
And the pain could be costochondritis, have you ever of it? It is painful but not dangerous in any way x

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:09 ----------

Oooh yes, and DO NOT google, if you need to know something...come here x

Petesy
05-08-15, 19:41
Do what i do write in "no more panicrib pain" it's 100 times better than Google plus it doesn't scare the crap out of you.... I understand how you feel i Googled myself too find out about this lump on the floor of my mouth and i was in bits "cancer this cancer that" i was terrified but I've been to the hospital and it's nothing more than a salivary gland stone.. I get it removed next month.. Check my thread it's called "Big C Fear" 2 below yours...

Probably something simple like trapped wind radiating throughout your ribs or maybe the way you've been lying in bed.. Posture etc..

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine..

Take care

Petesy :-)

worrywart29
06-08-15, 03:08
It could be from poor posture or tense muscles as well. If you google toe pain google will tell you that you have toe cancer. Never trust google.

misskittie
06-08-15, 04:04
It sounds like costochondritis to me. I get it all the time and it can be super painful and cause the tendon around a rib to swell and become tender. Try giving it a couple days with an anti inflammatory like Advil and I'm sure you'll be feeling much better :)