PDA

View Full Version : Choking fear

newtolaw
05-08-15, 20:08
Hello All,

I have been suffering with a fear of choking for over 10 years now - fluctuating between severity for the duration.

I came across this forum while searching the internet looking for ways to overcome my fear of choking. I have seen several posts but I would like to ask anyone who has experience or knows someone with a similar problem - what type of help did use, that worked for you?

I have been to my GP in the past and he has informed me of the options out there, however I would be interested to see what works for people - without having to go through several different channels to find out.

I would like to mention that money is no object and I will willingly pay near enough any amount to relieve myself of the multiple panic attacks I have each day.

I have seriously contemplated contacting Paul McKenna - does anyone have any experience with him?

Any comments are greatly appreciated - thanks!

newtolaw
06-08-15, 18:48
Thanks Dan, will have a look into all of those.

The more options I have the better :)

GrahamH
20-08-15, 21:18
Hi

I've had similar issues on and off for 7 years. Particularly bad bout at moment, but yesterday had a slight revelation when I found that if I keep my mouth closed, it seemed almost impossible to choke.

My problem is sometimes taking a breathe when about to swallow, particularly when drinking, so closing my mouth has obviously helped. Each swallow is still very much on my mind, which doesn't help as it should be a subconscious mechanism and it is when it becomes so conscious that creates problems.

Good luck.